How to transfer contacts from inactive blkberry 2 droid...!?

wrestinpiss

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I know this may be a similar request to many, but it may be different.

I have an htc thunderbolt. It is activated. I am trying to transfer contacts from a deactivated blackberry curve. The google syncs does not seem like an option due to the fact that the blackberry is not active and cant communicate with the internet.

I have everything backed up w/ blackberry desktop mgr but that seems to be a blkberry-blkberry only transfer. I do not wish to go to best buy, or pay some 17 year old to do this for me. :':)':)':)':)'( ---- what should i do?! I have searched the similar threads and i cant find a problem similar to mine---advice?! Thanks in advance!:-!:-!:-[:-[:-$:-$:-x

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea about a deactivated BB, However, I believe you should be able to export the contacts, to either a csv or vcf file. Then import them into your Tbolt contact manager. It should export them onto your SD, then you can figure out the rest ;)

wrestinpiss

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea about a deactivated BB, However, I believe you should be able to export the contacts, to either a csv or vcf file. Then import them into your Tbolt contact manager. It should export them onto your SD, then you can figure out the rest ;)

the files are backed up as .IPD files from black berry desktop mgr....how do i get them to be csv? and then, how do i get them on the phone, any ideas anyone?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Google for some IPD to other formats.

Look for IPD conversion, or IPD conversion to Android.

The long method, would be to convert to csv, import into Outlook, the synch using MyPhoneExplorer.

But I believe, convert to vcf, then import into Contacts if you find the tool. Saves a step.

wrestinpiss

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The BB will export to "csv". You can improt them into google mail if I'm not mistaken, then synch. Copy the csv file fie to your sd.

thanks a TON for your help man. but i dont understand how the BB wil "export to csv" ---- how?! using conversion program found via google? if it sounds like i am "android stupid" its because i am!!!

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Your BB doesn't have wifi? Don't need a data plan to use google sync.

Sent from my T-mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Can't tell you where it is in BB, but I suppose if you open your contacts, then (on Android) select Menu/import-export. I would think the BB would be in a similar location.