Streaming video FROM Android to PC as a local source

3rc

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd REALLY love to be able to stream a live video feed to a local source (IE my PC) from my Android tablet or phone. I'm hopeful that there is some way to do this, seeing as how Qik lets you stream to a multitude of different servers. After a little bit of forum and app research, I've still yet to find a solution for what I want to do.

For example, I'd like to be able to stream live (like Qik), but have it display on my computer (ideally actually to an external output running from my computer). The closest thing I've seen is broadcasting online to a local IP, but I have yet to find any server/clients that work as a recognized video source on the computer itself.

For clarity, I'd like to be able to use a program that accepts an incoming video source and displays it, if possible wirelessly, from the phone/tablet as if it were a webcam. I know I can just buy a wireless webcam, but for aesthetics I'd really like to be able to do this with my Android. Hell, I'd even pay for a developer to come up with a good solution.

Thanks in advance!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried just hooking the phone up to the display. I mean, I know you want to stream wirelessly, but, if the display has HDMI input you can just get a cable and hook it up, circumventing the computer. I use an HDMI cable to watch media on my phone and it looks great. In fact, I do the opposite of what you are doing and stream wirelessly from my PC to my phone and display it on my TV.

I know there are some neat streaming capabilities of VLC. Maybe you can look into that. I forget what I was doing, but, I did some streaming with VLC. Not sure if it was phone to PC or the other way around, but, I'd start there. If you open VLC and click the Settings Menu, Add Interface, Web Interface, there might be some way to do what you are thinking. Try and Google VLC Web Interface, and, see if there is any way to do what you are trying to do. And, check for VLC related apps in Market and Amazon Appstore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski