Keyboard problem

btamez723

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the Inspire, and today I noticed a couple of keys on the keyboard have stopped working. I have tried other keyboards and everything, restarted the phone, nothing works. My "i" key doesn't work, and when I go to the number pad still in text mode the 8 doesn't work, which is in the same spot. What do I do?? I've only had this phone 2 weeks....

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't rooted and/or installed a custom Rom, You should turn it in for a replacement.

You could do a factory reset (read the instructions for your device), but this sounds like a hardware issue.

Backup-up your contacts first before doing either of the above.

It happens.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does the screen respond in that general area? From the other keyboard you've used, are the same keys i and 8 in the same general area?

My suggestion is to factory reset and try again. If it persist take it back, assuming it was purchased at a store.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You are quick, Moscow. I was thinking it might be a hardware issue as well.

Not quick, I just wake earlier than you and have a caffiene IV ;)

Besides, if it's a new device, and it's stock, I'd take it back whilst the sales rep still remembers me! Note to new device buyers ;)

Suppose AC should give both of us one of those fancy background images on our profile by now ;)