Autoreplacing text in SMS/MMS

froggersloth

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Does any sort of definable autoreplace capability exist in the stock SMS/MMS app? For example, I might type, "tyvm" and it would automatically turn into "thank you very much". Does this exist, or can it be done somehow? I'm open to other SMS/MMS apps if they're able to do that.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. Handcent won't do it as I just checked. I suppose it would have to do with the dictionary database the app uses. The predictive text part of it anyhow. Would be interesting to type an acronym and have the phrase appear :)

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Acez71 is absolutely correct, and it seems what you are looking for, It has settings for "custom auto text".

Just google "smartkeyboard" and you'll see their site.

They have a trial and a paid version, but I suspect the trial version is limited in saving things.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Changing text is based on the keyboard, not the app.

Smart Keyboard Pro has autotext capabilities. TouchPal seems to be adding it to their keyboard as well (but it is only active when in Chinese mode at the moment).

If it is something you type often, SwiftKey will remember the word sequence, so you would start typing the first word and then just select the remaining words from the selection window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital