Strange stuck pixel on SGS2

Narek

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I noticed a light blue stuck pixel on my samsung galaxy s2. This was against a white background. So I went and got the lcd stuck pixel checker to see.
When I ran the checker, this is what I saw. Under a red background, the pixel was solid black. Under a green background, unnoticable. Under a blue background unnoticable. Under a black background, unnoticable. Under a white background, light blue. Anyone have any idea what this may be? Anyone have similar problems? Just with my personal experience with dead/stuck pixels, the pixel should never change color even though the background changes color, am I right? This pixel seems to be changing colors and refusing to light under a red background... strange... any help? suggestions?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You're right about pixels not changing color, at least if it was a "dead" pixel on an old LCD display. But with the newer LED display on the SII, the results might be different.

Personally, if a factory reset doesn't fix the issue, I would return the device, as a high dollar device shouldn't need to be "tolerated".

Narek

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
You're right about pixels not changing color, at least if it was a "dead" pixel on an old LCD display. But with the newer LED display on the SII, the results might be different.

Personally, if a factory reset doesn't fix the issue, I would return the device, as a high dollar device shouldn't need to be "tolerated".

First of all Thank You, because you are replaying to all of my posts.
I am using my phone for 1 month but that pixel is such a microscopical that I noticed it only yesterday.
I wonder if its possible to fix or to change the display in the samsung service centre?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
First of all Thank You, because you are replaying to all of my posts.
I am using my phone for 1 month but that pixel is such a microscopical that I noticed it only yesterday.
I wonder if its possible to fix or to change the display in the samsung service centre?

First, you're welcome.

Secondly, it doesn't matter if it's miniscule or not, the fact remains, a high dollar new device should be free of defects.

It's probably a no brainer for them to change displays at the service center, however, it is always wise to make sure you have backed up your contacts and such, before turning in to the Service Center.

The fact the display has a fault, warrants a replacement or repair.

Narek

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
First, you're welcome.

Secondly, it doesn't matter if it's miniscule or not, the fact remains, a high dollar new device should be free of defects.

It's probably a no brainer for them to change displays at the service center, however, it is always wise to make sure you have backed up your contacts and such, before turning in to the Service Center.

The fact the display has a fault, warrants a replacement or repair.
Totally Agree.
How long it will to take it to replace the screen?
And is it possible that they could change my super amoled with amoled or it wont work?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Totally Agree.
How long it will to take it to replace the screen?
And is it possible that they could change my super amoled with amoled or it wont work?

Can't guess on times to repair. I live in moscow. Although my friend here changed displays on a desire Z (after stepping on it, don't ask ;) ) and it was about 2 weeks.

Trust me, they probably won't short sheet you. They will replace with the right display, as I don't think the older displays are compatible with each other. ;)

Just relax :p

Besides, they will probably welcome a legitimate factory defect.

Narek

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I called samsung service centre and they told me that only the phones with more than 3 dead pixels could be replaced under warranty.
Is there any way to add dead pixels? :p

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I called samsung service centre and they told me that only the phones with more than 3 dead pixels could be replaced under warranty.

As I was reading this thread I was going to mention that. I have a stuck pixel on my TV and when I was looking up warranty information, they have basically a formula for where they are and how many are acceptable. This many in the center, or, that many on the edges is acceptable.

At first, I was SO pissed. Now, I don't even know where the pixel is anymore. That's a TV though and is only used for media and gaming, so, I'll never see it. With a phone, it might be more noticeable. I suggest trying to just forget about it. In time, you'll probably get over it. I'd be upset too, but, I doubt there is a way to make more pixels stuck.

There are some things out there that are supposed to exercise pixels. I know because when I got my stuck pixel I was furious and spent a lot of time (a.k.a wasted) trying to fix it.

JScreenFix - Fix stuck pixels

I don't know if this will work on your phone, as, it's a java app. But, there must be other options out there. I Googled "unstick a pixel" so maybe you can find some other things out there that do something similar. It basically just flashes tons of different colors in an attempt to get that pixel unstuck. Good luck!!

Narek

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
As I was reading this thread I was going to mention that. I have a stuck pixel on my TV and when I was looking up warranty information, they have basically a formula for where they are and how many are acceptable. This many in the center, or, that many on the edges is acceptable.

At first, I was SO pissed. Now, I don't even know where the pixel is anymore. That's a TV though and is only used for media and gaming, so, I'll never see it. With a phone, it might be more noticeable. I suggest trying to just forget about it. In time, you'll probably get over it. I'd be upset too, but, I doubt there is a way to make more pixels stuck.

There are some things out there that are supposed to exercise pixels. I know because when I got my stuck pixel I was furious and spent a lot of time (a.k.a wasted) trying to fix it.

JScreenFix - Fix stuck pixels

I don't know if this will work on your phone, as, it's a java app. But, there must be other options out there. I Googled "unstick a pixel" so maybe you can find some other things out there that do something similar. It basically just flashes tons of different colors in an attempt to get that pixel unstuck. Good luck!!
Thanks for the post. I tried all the apps available for fixing stuck pixels but they didnt work and as I know they are working only on LCD screens.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

30 seconds in microwave = new phone. :D:D:D

Joking.....

I thought they had done away with the dead pixel limit. Usually it's for flat panel displays and such.

Oh well....

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I guess do a little Googling and see if there are any other options that aren't apps. But, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Like I said, at first, the pixel on my TV was SO annoying and it was practically mocking me. But, then I just sorta got over it and don't see it anymore. Sorta like the first scratch or ding in a new car. It's bound to happen. And, then you get over it and future scratches and dings are easier to take, hehe.

The first time I dropped my X2 I freaked out. Now when it happens I don't even think twice. I got the case and protective screen cover for a reason, they are doing their job, and, drops are gonna happen.

But, if you do further research good luck. Maybe someone else will chime in with some useful info too!!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought they had done away with the dead pixel limit. Usually it's for flat panel displays and such.

Oh well....

I mean, that info from me on the TV was probably three years ago. But, I would assume all manufacturer's of any device with a display has a similar clause. Dead or stuck pixels are probably common enough that they'd lose a crap load of money if everyone returned their device because of one dead or stuck pixel. I dunno how bad it is on a phone, but, like I said, I don't even notice it on my TV. I'd probably be more upset about it on my phone though, as, it's a smaller display, and, it's interactive.

Narek

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
If samsung in the future will make the app which will fix dead pixels for Amoled diplays that will be revolutionary for us and for them.
We would be happy while they will save a lot of money every year. They really need to think about that.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If samsung in the future will make the app which will fix dead pixels for Amoled diplays that will be revolutionary for us and for them.
We would be happy while they will save a lot of money every year. They really need to think about that.

I don't know that it's necessarily that simple. I have never had anything fix a stuck pixel, so, I don't even know if any of those apps, or, the methods I tried are legit. Maybe they are, but, I sorta doubt it. I think that if it were that simple, the company would already have developed a method to fix them, and, would just tell you about the method. They wouldn't waste their money replacing devices and displays if they could develop a method to fix them.

Or they'd have found an app or something that someone created already that works, buy them out, and, boom, no more replacing devices for them and they make way more money. The amount of money it would take to buy someone out would probably be chump change compared to the amount they probably shell out on replacing devices and displays.

But, it would be nice if the companies developed methods to fix stuck pixels for their displays. I'll give you that. :D But, then again, there are always dead pixels to worry about. Nothing fixes those. :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos