ClockWorkMod Issue

ajm4481

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have HTC Inspire

I updated my clockwork mod today to the v5.0.2.0. I installed to try a new rom.

I went to turn phone on and phone stuck on HTC screen. I go into recovery.

I cannot do anything in recovery. Everything i select takes me to the little black hat picture with a oranage round circle...like a loading screen. It just sits there.

I cannot boot my phone...i cannot do anything atm.

I am at a loss.... HTC Sync wont recgonize phone i guess because it wont turn on?

I do not know what to do now.

Please advise if anyone has any idea.

Thank you

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like CWM didn't stick. Did you update using ROM Manager or by other means? I recently had issues allowing ROM Manager to update to the new 5.0.2.0 CWM and lost CWM recovery and had to reinstall it manually via ADB.

ajm4481

May 5, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like CWM didn't stick. Did you update using ROM Manager or by other means? I recently had issues allowing ROM Manager to update to the new 5.0.2.0 CWM and lost CWM recovery and had to reinstall it manually via ADB.

I used Rom Manager. what is ADB?

just googled and see what it is now...
hmm did you find a site that gives some decent instructions on doing that?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Word of advice as good as ROM Manager is for most devices its not without its quirks as you can see when it comes to updating the recovery to the newest CWM available. I normally always update my CWM manually using ADB or via a flashable update zip you can use in CWM if available.

Try this link over at XDA. Its their complete rundown, master list on everything HTC Inspire related for rooting/hacking.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=970824

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon