SD card help

cnhunol

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
OK. I messed up big and could really use some help. My son plays football and i have a video of a game that i wanted on my phone. SO, stupid me decides to take out my SD card and open it on the computer so i could download the video straight to it. I downloaded my video in the ".SamsungMediaHub" file. Thought all was good until i re-installed the SD card back into my phone. I noticed i didn't have a lot of apps and my pics were gone. I went back to the computer to remove the video thinking I just confused the card and shouldn't have installed it in that folder. I was just going to move it to the download file instead BUT, when i opened the SD card back on my computer i had files with what looks like wingdings for file names. Interesting enough one of the only file names i could read was ".SamsungMediaHub". I opened it and the "files" folder is now gone. I did a search for the video i downloaded and can't find it to delete it. What have i done wrong? (probably everything) Is there any way i can get my card back to normal. I really would like to keep the pictures i had. I can't find them. HELP????????????? :'(

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not positive what is going on from your description, but you might be able to rescue things with with various card recovery software programs on the 'net if you haven't destroyed necessary data. I have use Card Recovery (same name, one word, dot com is their website...I am not yet allowed to post links here as this is my first post; I understand why and good idea, no complaints). There are a lot of competitors on the market as well, but this one worked well for me.

Reactions: cnhunol

cnhunol

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I appreciate your help. I just basically added a video to my SD card, put the SD card back into my phone and bam i had all my files on the card in some kind of wingding writing. Can't tell what file is what and when i go to settings and go to SD card storage it acts like nothing is on the SD card. It tells me i still have all the available space left of the total space on the card. It's freaking weird. I'm going to try the SD recovery and see if i can't at least get my pic of it before i re-format the card and start over.