One More Time

dfeicke

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to assume this is a general question, applicable to many Android phones. Since I have not received any replies in either the Introduction section or the Imstallation Comments sections, I will try here.

I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S phone, and am on Cellular South (not covered elsewhere), having been a former AT&T customer.

I am new at smartphones, and their tremendous capabilities. As such, I need to ask some general familiarization questions. Regarding apps, are there an "average" number of apps that most people have? Are there "too many"? Are there "good apps" and "bad apps, and is there a way to recognize the difference?

I have it configured to my email, but need to know, can I delete items directly from the Inbox, or do I have to Trash them first and clear them from the Trash file?

Thanks for the input!

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
There really is no "average" number of app. Like wise, there is no "too many". The number of apps all depends on how many you personally want on your phone and how much memory your phone has. Some apps use more than others. Some can be moved to the SD card and some can't. These all play into how many apps you can install.

Good app bad app? Sure there are, just like your computer at home. If you are interested in an app, read the reviews. Sometimes you can get good feedback. You will just want to weed through all the useless comments/reviews. Also, search the apps section of the forums. Sometimes you can get some information there.

For e-mail, I currently use K9. When I delete an e-mail it gets sent to the trash folder. From there I delete it to completely remove the e-mail.

dfeicke

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I was concerned as to how many apps it would take, to"overwhelm" the system, so to speak.

Also, are there parameters for incoming mail that can be manually set? I have gobs of crap coming into my bulk mail, all the time. Can I somehow "select all" and delete the batch, or do I have to do it one at a time?

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the stock e-mail app for the Galaxy S so I cannot say for sure. Each phone is different.

I do know however that you can do this in K9 mail app.

For the best usage of your phones internal memory, move as much to the SD card as possible. Keep in mind however, if the app has a widget you cannot move that app to the SD card. The widget will not work if the app is moved to the SD card.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
It does not effect the operations. After the app is installed, go to setting > Applications > Manage Apps. Tap the app you want to move. There should be a button saying "Move to SD". If it says "move to phone" it's already moved to the SD.