I'm getting into development and I was wondering what kind of PC (or specs) people are running. If you're a developer and your emulator and tools run perfectly, can you post your specs or PC model name?

Just looking to buy a great PC for developing! Thanks so much!
    10-14-2011 10:43 AM
    Google Dev used to have a program emulator for writing android apps. I heard they were getting rid of it though. You could run it on a somewhat modern windows PC. Runs on my Gateway with Athelon II M300 laptop just fine. 360gb, 4gb memory.

So I think any newer pc would be ok. It's not like developing a 500mb windows app in C.
    Alpha Axl likes this.
    10-14-2011 11:15 AM
    So you don't need an i7 or i5 with 8 GB of RAM, etc?

Is processor speed the most important factor?
    10-14-2011 11:22 AM
    I would say........ no.

Maybe if you're going to develop a full featured game like NFS or Duke Nukem, you might want a little extra umph.. And that would only come into effect when you package the APK. Compiling will always be better with a more powerful system, but realy, you'll only save a minute or so compile time.

But really, a quad core, 4gb ram, should be sufficient enough. Remember what you're developing for. A 1Ghtz, 1gb, device.
    Alpha Axl likes this.
    10-14-2011 12:01 PM
    True...maybe I'll just buy a pretty good laptop and make it dedicated to just developing. Thanks so much!
    10-14-2011 12:06 PM
    No problem!

Oh.... don't forget the Thanks button...

Still waiting for my free phone from AC HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    Alpha Axl likes this.
    10-14-2011 12:17 PM
    Thank you kind sir.
    10-14-2011 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD