Hi all!!,

Just installed Go Launcher EX. Now how do I get rid of the ads that came with it? I installed the Airpush Permanent Opt-Out app with no luck. These are not the regular banner adds, they fit the hole screen. If I switch launcher the adds are gone...

Little help here...
    10-14-2011 06:48 PM
    That's interesting. I've been running GO Launcher for over a month now and have never encountered these ads that you are describing. Are you sure there isn't a widget that you placed on one of the GO home screens that are the source for the ads?
    10-14-2011 08:33 PM
    Thanks Sharks,

I uninstalled the launcher several times and they would go with the Launcher, but every time I would install again, there they were. The cel is quite clean and had never had this before, I can even switch to the OE launcher and they go away. One is a large ad that takes up almost a complete screen (empty screen exept for that), it's like a Twitter ad. The other is center page banner just under the Google search bar... stumped
    10-14-2011 08:44 PM
    That's really odd. I hope someone can shed some light on it. Are you rooted by any chance? I finally rooted my phone a couple of weeks ago but I'm still running the the stock ROM with GO Launcher. There's an app called AdFree Android that I installed and it appears to work in blocking ads, at least in the few apps that I have that use ads. But you need to be rooted to use it.

Good luck finding a solution to this. Please post it if you do.
    10-14-2011 10:53 PM
    I've been using go for over a month and never seen any ads - there aren't any. post a screenshot so we can see what you're talking about. sounds like widgets to me though. have you tried clicking them or long pressing them?
    10-15-2011 01:45 AM
    I'm with the others, it might be a widget. Is this the free version or did you pay for GO Launcher? If you paid for it go to GO Launcher's support and ask for help, go to their support either way. I installed it on somebody else's phone and never noticed an AD pop-up, with the free version. Post back final result, I;m curious to hear the final results.
    10-15-2011 11:15 AM
    If the ads are an issue, and go launcher seems ok, get the paid version if available. This will settle the issue. Not like it's gonna break the bank.
    10-15-2011 12:54 PM
    Guys!!!

You got it!!! Tried a long press and there it is... they are widgets!! pushed them over to the trash and that's it, gone... Thanks for the help and suggestions
    10-15-2011 03:12 PM
    Haha enjoy your new launcher
    10-15-2011 04:02 PM
    Guys!!!

You got it!!! Tried a long press and there it is... they are widgets!! pushed them over to the trash and that's it, gone... Thanks for the help and suggestions
    Glad you figured it out! Do you recall what the widgets were called so I can be sure to avoid 'em? If you go to add a widget to the screen, do those still show up in the list?
    10-16-2011 12:32 PM
    Glad you figured it out! Do you recall what the widgets were called so I can be sure to avoid 'em? If you go to add a widget to the screen, do those still show up in the list?
    You can tell which ones they are i believe they are the ones that say Download sideways on the right am i correct ? if so then those are it
    10-17-2011 07:30 AM
    If you're rooted, try AdFree, free on the Market. Great app that removes the ads from all your apps. Been using it for almost a year now and it works great!

tap'n
    10-17-2011 07:52 AM
    sharksfan7 is right. i just recenty updated go launcher and i have to keep closing out of go launcher. Maybe its becauseim not running prime anymore but its ridiculous!!
    07-06-2015 01:55 PM
    I have a screen shot of it. But how will i post it?
    01-09-2016 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD