Email fonts without rooting?

bobison

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend an app or technique that will let me send emails in Arial 10 font? I've seen some mention of this subject, but I haven't seen any definitive solutions offered. This is a serious matter for some of us, since various kinds of formal/legal/executive emails simply have to comport to a certain style and format fixed by convention. There are a lot of us migrating to Android from BB who, for better or worse, require this formality for some things. How to do?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
What is the destination point? An Exchange mail server? In the old days, we could hard set the server to display any mail in a particular default font.

But, that was in the old days, and alas, I am no longer in that realm of business anymore.

But you should check some apps like K-9 mail, MoxierMail, or Mail droid and see if they have default font options.

I can imagine why you are migrating from BB ;)

bobison

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I use POP and IMAP for my accounts. I don?t use this particular device with an Exchange server. I?ve tried K-9 and Enhanced Mail at this point, but I?m still looking for a fix. This issue seems to be endemic among converts who are otherwise among the most important in terms of being proselytizers. I?m in Silicon Valley and have access to impressive technical folks, yet unbelievably no one that I?ve asked has really given this font issue any thought. I?m thinking this might represent something of a schism in the present Android community: the young technophiles don?t seem particularly interested in this problem because the Android ?cool factor? seems to outweigh what must seem to them an overly rigid adherence to form and formality. The people I know who are really frustrated by this issue are the executives for whom email is a no-joke, standardized medium of communication independent of the underlying technology. Many of us waited to switch from BB to Android until the Galaxy S2 was released in the US market. A lot of us had played with the international version in other countries and appreciated the dual core capabilities for handling apps, the bigger screen, etc., and we didn?t expect such a failpoint in a basic function like email. I suspect some of us will band together and find a developer to create a custom app for us, but email at large is such a mature, legacy application that it?s hard for us to believe we?re having issues on this level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams