Is there a standard USB cable for any Android phone?

bgswis

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, new user here. I am shopping for my first no contract Android smartphone from Best Buy. I see the ZTE X500 (Cricket Score) , LG Thrive, and Samsung Galaxy Prevail. None of them come with a USB cable. How are we supposed to transfer music and content from our PC without a USB cable? Where is the best place to buy a USB cable, and which one would I need? Is there a standard usb cable that would work with any Android phone?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi, new user here. I am shopping for my first no contract Android smartphone from Best Buy. I see the ZTE X500 (Cricket Score) , LG Thrive, and Samsung Galaxy Prevail. None of them come with a USB cable. How are we supposed to transfer music and content from our PC without a USB cable? Where is the best place to buy a USB cable, and which one would I need? Is there a standard usb cable that would work with any Android phone?

You have to be careful as not all usb cables are created equal. Mine came with the usb cable as part of the charger. Double duty you might say. Did you physically look in the package box? Seems strange.

bgswis

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I bought one, ZTE X500 for Cricket. I see the charger but no usb cable. I will double check tonight to see if the charger does double duty as the usb cable. The Best Buy website for these phones say a charger is included but no mention of the usb cable:

Cricket - Score No-Contract Mobile Phone - Black - X500
What's Included:
Cricket Score No-Contract Mobile Phone
Lithium-ion battery
Charger
4GB microSD card
Owner's manual

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Usually, the cable may pull out of the charger like some HTC and some other brands. Looks like a regular USB with a mini at one end.

Although they look similar to one designed for say a camera, you won't damage anything by trying. At worst, you won't be able to transfer data properly, as typically the + and - for power are the same on all usb cables. (usually). Have to be because of a PC's design.

To be sure, I'd buy one at Best Buy's mobile phone section, or at a carrier store just to be on the safe side. Whichever carrier sells the Cricket. Then you can rest assured it will work. (take your device with you to be sure)

Example, I can use the same cable for my Acer A501 tablet and My HTC Desire.