How do you use Google Voice?

yungwunn911

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
So, I have an incredible2 on order, and will be leaving Sprint and getting on Page Plus 1200/3000/100 plan.

My question for you guys is, how do you use your GV with PP? I do a fair bit of texting..I have a Blackberry right now, and average about 2000 SMS texts. That number doesnt include my closest friends that are on BBM. So chances are I will come veryyy close to that 3000 mark. However, I'm not worried about that as much as voice. So far this month I've used 700 minutes, so assuming that's my average, I will prob be using 1400 minutes a month. I'm a student so my mobile acts as my landline AND mobile. And data is a whole other issue, I can vary from 200mb to gigs worth depending on what i'm doing. I'm not very worries about data, since I'll have wifi at school AND home and will try to utilize is as much as possible.

Cliffs: So, to sum it up, I will be switching to PP from Sprint, I will be VERYYYY close to my max minutes and Txts every month, with very good chance of going over in each.

Would you port your # to google and use GV? or Just port # to PP?

Any comment, stories, opnions would be very valuable and appreciated!!

thanks

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
You can use the Google Voice app to send sms
Use an app call GrooveIP to make calls (works very well on wifi and 3G), Groove IP utilized your GV number.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

yungwunn911

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I know this is very difficult to estimate. But does anyone have ANY idea how much data a standard 160 character text will consume over google voice?

TCF

Sep 1, 2011
twitter.com
Almost nothing. I have 200 MB a month, and GV so far has used about 2 MB on mobile data and 8.4 MB on wifi. That is with about 200-400 texts sent and received.