Help bought used nexus s 4g, cant cannot to 3g

Kleany

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
hey, i bought a used nexus s 4g, and the condition is excellent.

having a slight issue, the guy i bought it from, had CM7 already loaded on the phone, well im having terrible signal problems.

seems like the phone cannot connect to 3g at all. Its either nothing no data, or if i turn on 4g, it can connect to 4g, but theres never any 3g. as you know, 4g isnt available everywhere and it kills my battery, so i wanna just have it hooked up to 3g but it cant.

i have an sprint arrive, which connects to evdo fine, and my friends evo 4g connects to 3g fine also.

i read nexus s 4g has signal issues, but how bad it is right now is just crazy.

also having a problem with the voicemail notications, cant seem to make it go away, tried google voice, but it does not let me delete the old voicemails i had before voice.

cant dial sprint voicemail, it just gives me an error when i call it.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, to start with, I would run what's called an RUU, and change this puppy back to stock condition.

Who knows what's going on, which is probably why it was sold to begin with.

Or, you could try formatting the sd, and update a more recent copy of CM7.1, better yet, do the full download, and do all 3 wipes before flashing the new OS.

Personally, if it were me, I would wipe that puppy, and run an RUU at the very least.

Yeah, you will lose "root", but hey, you can get it back later. This way, it cleans all the crap that's on it.

Either of the 2 methods, should fix the issue.

Kleany

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
thanks! ill try the RUU like you said.

sucks, i had CM7 set up perfectly, gonna have to do the entire process again haha.

I tried the 2nd method already, because i updated CM7 and did all 3 wipes.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Try shipped_roms.com or something like that.

Remember, an RUU will cause you to lose root, but you can root the device again,

Personally, I might try downloading the full rom from CM to your sd.

Boot to recovery
\
Do your wipes (user data, partition wipe, and Advanced/Dalvik wipe)

Then install CM7.1 again. Or whichever version is applicable to your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol