BlackBerry to Android

bba#AC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello community,
I am a longtime BlackBerry user... but somehow feel that I might want to use an Android device just to see if it is better/same/worse.
So which device would you suggest to a BlackBerry user? I would prefer a hardware keyboard... maybe the HTC Status would fit? Which other phones would you recommend?

Thanks,
-Fabian

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
HTC Status=AT &T

I fully understand the physical keyboard attachment coming over from a BB. At the same time I would really consider test driving some touch screens just for the simple fact many people that have bought an Android phone based on having a physical KB have realized over time they really never ended up using the phyiscal KB. With programs like Swift Key and Swype for Android, getting away from that physical KB is getting easier every day.

One main benefit of this is going touch screen keyboard you open a whole new set of choices for devices and also a slimmer/lighter device too.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
If you are going to stay with AT&T the Status is going to be the closest to a BlackBerry. Sprint has the XPERT from Motorola that has a bigger screen than the Status.