Wildfire with CyanogenMod 7.0.3 - Unstable

iggyb_hube

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
My rooted Wildfire (aka Buzz) with CyanogenMod 7.0.3 is not running stable. I get lots of freezes, virtual keyboard disappearing, unable to make any calls, Market stuck on 'starting download' frequently...etc. (Note: Have resorted to finding apk files on the net, download to PC, copy to phone and then do an install using App Installer)

Its quite frustrating!!

Does anybody have the same issues with the same device and same build of CM7?

If so, have you sorted the issue out and by doing what?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You should backup your device, then do a fresh flash to 7.1.01. You're running an older version and CM probably took care of some isues since 7.0.3

Regardless, you need to wipe and do a fresh flash with all the issues you are having.

iggyb_hube

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
You should backup your device, then do a fresh flash to 7.1.01. You're running an older version and CM probably took care of some isues since 7.0.3

Regardless, you need to wipe and do a fresh flash with all the issues you are having.

I will give this a try and then report back as it is really frustrating. Will do the following backups:

• Contacts
  • Mail database (am using RoadSync)
  • SMS/MMS
  • Music
  • Photos
  • My a
pps ( Got App Backup and Restore)

What else must I backup that I must look out for?

iggyb_hube

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys for the heads up. Time for feedback.

Last night I flashed latest CM7 version as per srkmagnus' post above. I have put back my contacts, SMSs, Pictures, Music etc. I have also restored mostly essential apps such as HandCent (like it for my messaging), RoadSync (email), whatsapp, Google+, Y-messenger, World Weather calendar, Opera, a banking app and Shazam.

So far its all good and my system is not freezing and there's no Force Closes.

I am clocking it at 710 MHz.

I have created a sd-ext partition for 512 MB on the card with a 32 MB swap space.

I then downloaded s2e so I can sort out the dalvik-cache issue that creates Market problems. The guides that I read indicate that I must launch s2e, then select 'move dalvik-cache and applications to sd-ext'. I cant find this option on my installed version. It only gives an option for 'Download Cache' and the rest of the options are greyed out and cannot be selected.

Any help here?

Apart from this I am quite happy with the experience, smooth, fast and no crashes yet!! (touch wood)

iggyb_hube

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

It was OK for the first two days. Something is eating up my battery and is depleting my data bundle.

In South Africa data is still relatively expensive therefore we try and use it efficiently. Two days ago I still had 143MB in my data bundle. I only downloaded s2e which is under 200K big. I then set up my email using the stock Mail program. I set it to 'Push' the mails. However I am only downloading up to max 100K of mails and no attachments.

Suddenly early this morning 05:52 (GMT+2) I get sent a message from my service provider (Vodacom - a local subsidiary of Vodafone) that I have only 3 MB left on my bundle. At 6:12 I get sent another message that the bundle is depleted. I received the messages approx 07:15 when I switched on my phone. How is it possible that the phone could be downloading data when it was actually switched off?

Also, from the 1-15 Nov I used 107MB of data with 143MB in reserve. Within 24 hrs the balance is totally depleted!!!

The current running services I have installed are:

Handcent
Yahoo Mail
Messenger
Whatsapp
Google Services
DSPManager
Email (stock)

I have App Brain but have disabled automated synching.

I suspect the stock Mail program. Therefore I want to see what it is doing. Is there a log file that I can look at? If so where is it stored? I need to see the frequency of the 'push' service as well as the data downloaded each time.

In the meantime, I am calling my SP to explain the depletion of data when the phone was off!!!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
just turn your notifications and synchs for each app to off. also, in cm settings, you can turn off your data network.

doesn't seem like they allow you a lot of data in your package :(

iggyb_hube

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
@Moscow: I found the culprit. It was the stock Mail app. I disabled synch on this app and activated RoadSynch and set it to sync every 5 minutes. Battery life is now so much better and my data usage has dropped right back to where it was.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz