All_Ears

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

So here's my device:
HTC Incredible
Cyanogen 7.1
ADW Launcher

This morning I wanted to switch to my other battery as I was charging it up since I am going out of town this weekend and may not have the best access to an outlet at all times. I wanted to have 2 batteries ready to go. Upon turning on the phone after the battery swap ADW launcher says that it crashed. Fine, I tell it to force close and hope it just opens up on itself again...happens from time to time. However it will not open, it keeps crashing. Unfortunately this prevents me from even being able to get to the settings and getting rid of ADW as the default. Is there any way to fix this? I am able to get USB hooked up so I can access the root folder if need be. I don't really want to go to one of my nandroid backups if I don't have to.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

So here's my device:
HTC Incredible
Cyanogen 7.1
ADW Launcher

This morning I wanted to switch to my other battery as I was charging it up since I am going out of town this weekend and may not have the best access to an outlet at all times. I wanted to have 2 batteries ready to go. Upon turning on the phone after the battery swap ADW launcher says that it crashed. Fine, I tell it to force close and hope it just opens up on itself again...happens from time to time. However it will not open, it keeps crashing. Unfortunately this prevents me from even being able to get to the settings and getting rid of ADW as the default. Is there any way to fix this? I am able to get USB hooked up so I can access the root folder if need be. I don't really want to go to one of my nandroid backups if I don't have to.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

Happens to me on occasion. Usually a reboot fixes it.

In the meantime, as a quick repair, do a shortcut on your homescreen. You can shortcut to most apps and such. Example, you can shortcut launcher functions. Or to Settings where you can remove the launcher, or at least do some fixes.

That should fix you up!!

All_Ears

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Happens to me on occasion. Usually a reboot fixes it.

In the meantime, as a quick repair, do a shortcut on your homescreen. You can shortcut to most apps and such. Example, you can shortcut launcher functions. Or to Settings where you can remove the launcher, or at least do some fixes.

That should fix you up!!

I've tried a couple reboots, trying again. Unfortunately I cannot even get to the home screen. It won't allow me there, ADW simply keeps crashing. I am able to pull my shade down (before the crash notice comes up again) so if I get an email or something I'm ok to get in there. But anytime I press the home key, I immediately get the crash notice again.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You can also do a delvik wipe, and should be able to reflash CM over the top. Or flash one of their updates over the top. I said "should"....

It hopefully will keep most of your data intact.

Ands don't press the Home Key. Do a long press on any screen.

Reactions: All_Ears

All_Ears

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
SUCCESS! I installed another launcher from the market, which then wiped the default, and got to the homescreen that way. I'm going to try uninstalling ADW now and reinstalling to see if that helps

edit: So my next question I suppose is this. The ADW that was giving me problems is the one that is essentially preinstalled with CM7. I can install ADW Launcher from the market still and it shows up as 2 separate launchers. Any tips on how I could fix the original one? It is still giving me the crash errors. I suppose I should direct this to the CM guys as well.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You'll need to get a system app removal tool I would guess. I saw one earlier today, but can't remember the name.

Not sure I would want to get into it, considering you are leaving for the weekend. Might just wait till you have time.

EDIT. Several on the Market. But do a recovery backup first. Just in case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34