Unwanted icons in status bar

CBDroidOwner

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I have had two mysterious icons appear in my Bionic's (OS 2.3.4) status bar. One is a grey alarm bell with a "do not enter" red circle with a diagonal across it on top of the bell; the other is an outline of a squat battery with a check mark in it. The alarm icon stays put and the battery icon comes and goes, and I haven't been able to figure out a pattern. I had the Bionic for a couple of months before these appeared.

I haven't been able to find info about these icons online, but my alarms are all fine and I have two other ways of knowing how my battery is, so I'd just like to clean them off my status bar. I've tried powering off and on, and also taking the battery out and replacing it. Pesky icons still there. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi... Welcome onboard. Those are some strange icons. Maybe an application that you have recently installed might be causing this. I know a reset of the device should eradicate the problem, but this should be your last and only option.

Beat of luck.

CBDroidOwner

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Rushrl,

Only recent app is Speaktoit, which I've uninstalled. This morning, both icons have vanished. The squat battery (which pre-dates Speaktoit) has done that before and reappeared, so we'll see. Hopefully the alarm with the "forbidden" sign over it is gone forever. Yesterday, I decided I wanted both the batteries I have fully charged for a trip, so there were two more cases of taking batteries in and out - maybe "third time's a charm" is what removed the icons.