How-to: Syncing music over wifi from iTunes

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea I use all of those plus Spanning Sync, but it's kind of a hodge podge to get it all working (I have a Mac which doesn't sync 2 way with some things). It would be nice to have 1 desktop program for it all. I used Missing Sync for BB and even BB's Desktop Manager worked well before I switched to Android from my Storm. And as much as I like using the cloud, I still want and need to have my computer involved on many levels.

What I would love to see Google do would be an itunes like program but using amazon for music and videos. You could even buy audiobooks (audible) and ebooks(kindle) from it. They can do the cloud stuff just as well but for the amount of content it would be managing it would prefer a desktop app.

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered my 16GB card from the link you provided. Thanks for the info! Just received my ZAGG Invisible Shield in the mail, now all I need to order is the Black Silicone case from VZW. I will have all accessories in hand before my Dinc arrives. (c:

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered my 16GB card from the link you provided. Thanks for the info! Just received my ZAGG Invisible Shield in the mail, now all I need to order is the Black Silicone case from VZW. I will have all accessories in hand before my Dinc arrives. (c:

np, hopefully alot of people will jump on this and support the guys who made TuneSync and also have a feature on their phone they can rub in the nose of iPhone users =P

plus, you know, having all your music and playlists on the phone =P

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I really wanted to like this app, but I've had limited success with it. I'm running the Mac based server and sometimes the client will lose it's connection to the server and can longer sync, even if I do a force sync. One time, rebooting my Incredible fixed the problem, but I've never been able to get that solution to work again. Even after rebooting my Mac & Incredible. Even though it requires a cable connection, ISyncr is on my list of next apps to try.

arw01: I'm assuming Dinc is a short way of saying Droid Incredible.

eyeray

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I set up my computer with DynDNS and set my router to forward port 9090 to my computer. Now I have wireless music syncing over 3G. Its slower than the WiFi but works like a charm. Highly reccomended!

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I really wanted to like this app, but I've had limited success with it. I'm running the Mac based server and sometimes the client will lose it's connection to the server and can longer sync, even if I do a force sync. One time, rebooting my Incredible fixed the problem, but I've never been able to get that solution to work again. Even after rebooting my Mac & Incredible. Even though it requires a cable connection, ISyncr is on my list of next apps to try.

arw01: I'm assuming Dinc is a short way of saying Droid Incredible.

I had this same issue once, but it has worked great since then. Maybe uninstall the server or app on the phone?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Can I file transfer my Movie that I downloaded from iTunes with this? I know it says but nobody has said anything besides music and podcast (not even video podcasts named). I will support this app 100% if I can!

HansBaer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I bought a 16gb toshiba micro sd card for my galaxy s. works perfect so far, 30? for a class 6.

My problem:
Tunesync automatically synchronizes my itunes playlists to the internal sd card (sdcard/music/tunesync). well, i want it on the external card.
dont tell me to use doubletwist, i would like to sync over wifi :)

any sollutions? is there a possibility to change the directory which tunesync synchronizes to? (in my case /sdcard/sd/music)

thx

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can I file transfer my Movie that I downloaded from iTunes with this? I know it says but nobody has said anything besides music and podcast (not even video podcasts named). I will support this app 100% if I can!

I suspect not, as movies/videos that are sold through iTunes are DRMed and pretty much only work on your computer or iPhone/Pad/Pod. Downloads from Amazon should work though.

I bought a 16gb toshiba micro sd card for my galaxy s. works perfect so far, 30? for a class 6.

My problem:
Tunesync automatically synchronizes my itunes playlists to the internal sd card (sdcard/music/tunesync). well, i want it on the external card.
dont tell me to use doubletwist, i would like to sync over wifi :)

any sollutions? is there a possibility to change the directory which tunesync synchronizes to? (in my case /sdcard/sd/music)

thx

Interesting, it does the opposite on my Incredible. That is, Tunesync puts my music and whatnot onto my external SD card and not the 6.6GB of internal memory, which is basically an internal SD card.

I would recommend contacting the TuneSync guys... maybe there is a compatibility bug with the Galaxy S? They would want to fix that pronto as the phone is going to see imminent launch here in the States.

HansBaer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
wrote them:

Alex,

TuneSync currently does not have the ability to change the directory. I will let our developers know of your feature request to be included in a future version.

Sincerely,
Highwind Software
support@ highwindsoftware.com

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Alex wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to know if it is possible to change the directory, where Tunesync copies the files to? I have the Galaxy S, which has a built in Sd Card and another one to insert. I want the Files on the changeable card.

Greetings

Alex

--

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Whoa, TuneSync buries the lead! Check the last screengrab on their Setup Guide (GREEN CHECKMARK):

tutorial10.jpg

As far as I know, no other syncing application (Salling, Missing Sync (wifi), DoubleTwist, AndroSync (wifi) -- I've tried 'em all!) will do two-way syncing of music you buy from Amazon on the handset. Awesome! This is definitely worth the $4. (Missing Sync is $30!)

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Whoa, TuneSync buries the lead! Check the last screengrab on their Setup Guide (GREEN CHECKMARK):

tutorial10.jpg

As far as I know, no other syncing application (Salling, Missing Sync (wifi), DoubleTwist, AndroSync (wifi) -- I've tried 'em all!) will do two-way syncing of music you buy from Amazon on the handset. Awesome! This is definitely worth the $4. (Missing Sync is $30!)

have you tried iSyncr?

load97

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
With Tunesync not bringing the artwork over correctly I can't recommend it. If this was 1995 or even 2000 I can understand, but not 2010. I have my artwork embedded in to the track tag(metadata) and it somehow gets foobar-ed only when using Tunesync which I wouldn't think possible since its in the metadata. Still waiting to hear back from the Dev.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol