New and needs help

kingofretros

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
i have a htc evo 2.3.3rooted with revolutionary it has cyanogenmod 7.1.0 i turned my phone off earlier today i cant turn it back on it goes to hboot where the recovery is and im not ganna take it to sprint they charged 100$ to get a new one any one please help!!:'(

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
If you can boot to CWM Recovery menu, then you can;

1. Restore a previously made recovery
2. Reflash CM7 again. You should be able to do this witout wiping Data, but I would wipe Delvik cache. Then re-flash it over the top. If it doesn't work well, then;

3. (do all 3 wipes first, data/cache partition and Delvik) Then Flash CM7 full

Note you will lose sms and contact data.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
i did that it still dosent work i can get into recovery any more ideas idc if i have to loose anything i dont wanna pay 100$ for a new phone

You can try running a stock RUU on it. It's an exe that you run while connected to your PC. You might be able to find one at shipped roms.com. If you can't find your device listed there, then Google for it.

Also, run a checkdisk on your sd card, just to make sure it's in good shape.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
i dont have a card reader what else can i do please help :(

If you can't "mount the SD" in your recovery and transfer via USB like the previous poster advised, and you don't have a card reader, Then the only thing I can suggest, is find a friend who has a card reader on their pc.

Trust me, we're all giving you the best advice we can give. We can only do so much.

Reactions: kingofretros

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22