i have a htc evo 2.3.3rooted with revolutionary it has cyanogenmod 7.1.0 i turned my phone off earlier today i cant turn it back on it goes to hboot where the recovery is and im not ganna take it to sprint they charged 100$ to get a new one any one please help!!
    11-06-2011 12:48 AM
    If you can boot to CWM Recovery menu, then you can;

1. Restore a previously made recovery
    2. Reflash CM7 again. You should be able to do this witout wiping Data, but I would wipe Delvik cache. Then re-flash it over the top. If it doesn't work well, then;

3. (do all 3 wipes first, data/cache partition and Delvik) Then Flash CM7 full

Note you will lose sms and contact data.
    11-06-2011 01:33 AM
    i did that it still dosent work i can get into recovery any more ideas idc if i have to loose anything i dont wanna pay 100$ for a new phone
    11-06-2011 01:20 AM
    i did that it still dosent work i can get into recovery any more ideas idc if i have to loose anything i dont wanna pay 100$ for a new phone
    You can try running a stock RUU on it. It's an exe that you run while connected to your PC. You might be able to find one at shipped roms.com. If you can't find your device listed there, then Google for it.

Also, run a checkdisk on your sd card, just to make sure it's in good shape.
    11-06-2011 03:01 AM
    If you have Evo 4g, you can check this link;

[Q] My HTC EVO 4G won't boot, can boot into bootloader but it not responding - xda-developers

Scroll down the replies, and you will find some links to files you might be able to use and some steps.
    11-06-2011 03:15 AM
    how do i put stuff on my sd card i can only get into recovery and hboot?
    11-06-2011 08:07 AM
    how do i put stuff on my sd card i can only get into recovery and hboot?
    There's an option in recovery to mount sd card, than you can transfer file voids USB cable
    11-06-2011 08:20 AM
    And if that doesn't work, put the sd in your PC's card reader, and do it that way Then put it back in your phone. And power on.
    11-06-2011 08:28 AM
    i dont have a card reader what else can i do please help
    11-06-2011 08:47 AM
    If you can't "mount the SD" in your recovery and transfer via USB like the previous poster advised, and you don't have a card reader, Then the only thing I can suggest, is find a friend who has a card reader on their pc.

Trust me, we're all giving you the best advice we can give. We can only do so much.
    kingofretros likes this.
    11-06-2011 09:00 AM
    yeh thanks man someone told me to lock my hboot on htcdev.com? and then put the ruu they sent me?
    11-06-2011 09:07 AM
    Your RUU should be a full exe file you run from your pc while connected via usb cable.
    11-06-2011 09:50 AM
    dident work computer dosent read evo i installed drivers too what else shuld i do?:
    11-06-2011 03:10 PM
    You can buy a USB one. They are cheap. Five or 10 bucks. I keep one in my bag I bring with me to work, etc., for just in case. Here are a couple of links.

Amazon.com: IOGEAR SD/MicroSD/MMC Card Reader/Writer GFR204SD (Green/Gray): Electronics

Amazon.com: CCM Universal 19-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader: Electronics

You should be able to find others at Tigerdirect, Newegg, etc.
    11-07-2011 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD