Calendar Storage - Data Usage!

will kennard

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am from the UK and have just got an HTC Android phone. I have a data usage limit of 500 MB per month on my ty UK network.

I got the My Data Manager app to track my data use and at the top every time (of mobile data not wifi obviously) is 'Calendar Storage'. It uses up stupid amounts of data every day.

I have gone through all my accounts that are synced to my device (facebook,gmail,GMX,linkedin etc) and I have disabled the calendar sync for all of them that have the option available. Yet it still shows as using data every day on calendar storage.

It is driving me insane! :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Blibble

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Did you find an answer to this in the end? I have a theory, which I haven't fully tested - I think 'calendar storage' includes weather.

I turned off weather sync for a day and calendar storage didn't use any data. Since I've turned it back on it's using some data but not as much as before, not sure why!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

daeganr

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Today, all of a sudden, the Calendar Storage used 93 MB of data! I called HTC, and they were very unhelpful. The best he could come up with was "a glitch in the program".
And I have The Weather Network, and it doesn't show usage as your theory suggests. I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts or solutions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38