I'm trying to buy my first Android-based phone, I need your help!

sygeek

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi androidcentral, I'm trying to buy my first android phone, LG Optimus One and I need your help!

So far, here's the story, I've been a big follower of android since day one. I've always wanted to buy an android phone, but I tried to resist due to my limitations. But now, I can't take it any longer.

I've tried collecting money as far as I can but I'm still lagging a lot behind my goal. I'm only 14, here in India it is really difficult to get a job or earn money until anyone is at least 18. So far, I've tried as much as I can and collected $42 (parents and relatives).

androidcentral, now I can only rely on you guys for my further help.

How can you help?
  • Ask me anything I can do for you, limited online, and pay what you want.
  • Donate (PM)
  • I'm really good with computers and I'm learning programming at the moment (python and android development, another reason I want an android phone). So, if you can hook me up with a dedicated job or some freelance work that can get me a good sum of money, I'd appreciate it as well.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: I'm trying to buy my first Android-based phone, I need your h

Man, this is classic.

Phil and the rest of you AC guys, you should just send one of your devices to him.

I just can't hear it anymore......

But still... classic begging...

sygeek

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

Man, this is classic.

Phil and the rest of you AC guys, you should just send one of your devices to him.

I just can't hear it anymore......

But still... classic begging...
I don't know how asking for a freelance work counts as begging.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Dude, the fact that I responded, over the past 2 days nobody did, should give you some relevance to the matter.

And if you don't have an Android device, well, it's hardly reason for somebody to have you test any apps.

My best advice, if you are serious about getting into this line of work, is to install android development software, and learn all you can about android development. Know each and every thing, and pay attention to what is going on in the android world. You can develop using an android emulator. And throw a few apps out in the market, You might make some money.Although it would help if you had an android device.

The fact that you posted, is probably enough to show somebody you are willing to do whatever it takes. Most folks wouldn't have the balls for that. So Kudo's to you.

But the hard fact is, Android is Open Source. And because of that, there's not a lot of testing work available. Most people, do it for the love of the OS.

Last edited:

sygeek

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

But the hard fact is, Android is Open Source. And because of that, there's not a lot of testing work available. Most people, do it for the love of the OS.
That's exactly the reason why I wanted an Android phone at the first place.

sygeek

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

How good are your xml programming skills?
Nil. I have not much programming skills, I'm only in the process of learning python. I mentioned this in my first post.

If I would have some decent skills, I wouldn't be creating such a post in the first place.

But, that doesn't mean one has to be a programmer to buy an android phone.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

No, but when you advertise your skills, in hopes of getting donations, well, one has to wonder...

Learn xml,and how to port roms. Then, you can get some ...donations. The thing is, you want some freelance work. But, there is nothing to show.

You say you know android. Ok, PM me, and we'll see. I might have a task for you.

sygeek

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

No, but when you advertise your skills, in hopes of getting donations, well, one has to wonder...

Learn xml,and how to port roms. Then, you can get some ...donations. The thing is, you want some freelance work. But, there is nothing to show.

You say you know android. Ok, PM me, and we'll see. I might have a task for you.
Please read the PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis