Event notifications on Galaxy S II i777

1Achas

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got this running 2.3.4. I turned up Notification volume all the way and chose a Notifcation ringtone - most of which are barely audible. When I create an event in Calendar, a ringtone other than the one I have chosen (triple checked it) sounds very briefly and it's hardly at all noticeable. There doesn't seem to be an option to vibrate this phone when an event comes up.

This is an absolutely critical function that I need and I may have to return this if the results aren't satisfactory. The previous version of android had a fairly straightforward way of entering calendar events, with no need to take the extra steps to enable notification. Now the process is so convoluted, it's hardly worth it. The process was and still is very straightforward and easy on my 5 year old Palm Centro. I'm majorly bummed about this.

1Achas

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, sometimes it takes a quadruple check ;-(). I didn't realize that the Calendar app would have its own settings, even though through Sound/Volume - in the general settings - it looks like you can change it for incoming calls, media, system, and notification. And through the general sound setting, you can set the vibration mode. I thought that would control everythang. Is it true that each app has its own settings?
So how do you get into Device Profile settings?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, sometimes it takes a quadruple check ;-(). I didn't realize that the Calendar app would have its own settings, even though through Sound/Volume - in the general settings - it looks like you can change it for incoming calls, media, system, and notification. And through the general sound setting, you can set the vibration mode. I thought that would control everythang. Is it true that each app has its own settings?
So how do you get into Device Profile settings?

For most apps. Typically social media apps (sms, mail, twitter, calendar and any app that should send notifications) generally have their own "settings" accessed by opening the app, then Menu/Settings (or More). Sometimes you have to look deep into their menus ;) The reason being you may want different sounds for different types of notifications, etc.

As for the General Device Settings, these can vary from manufacturer. You usually find these , from the home screen, by opening your Apps Drawer (all installed apps) and selecting Settings icon. And then you may see Profiles listed. (Normal,Quiet,Airplane, etc). These setting usually take priority over app settings (but not always). It offers an easy 1 stop method to quiet your device, like in a meeting.

If you have problems finding your Profile settings, drop a request in the SGSII forums here at AC. They'll tell you where they are, (or check your manual) as all phones can be different on where they're located.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995