Stock memo app location

Trapper55

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the Sprint Epic 4G and just recently upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3. Before the upgrade I copied my entire SD card to my computer. After the upgrade I noticed the memos from the stock memo app were missing. Would I be able to locate the save file from the stock memo app from all of the files I copied to my computer? Or are the memos lost for good? I didn't use any programs to back up my SD card. I just copied the contents to my computer. Not rooted.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Look through the saved file and see if you can find a folder with the memo app name -- this should be were everything was being saved. Copy that folder (or its contents) to the sd card and you should be good.

androidtechrep

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the Epic 4G also and there is not a way to backup memos. I had to unroot my phone to get the update, which wiped it, and all of my memos were deleted as well. The only way you can save memos is to forward them to email or text message. I just created a memo and check my files using Astro File Manager and there is no memo folder that was created.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol