How to track cell phone without installation

britty3

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a way that I can track a cell phone without having to install anything on the phone. I have tried installing all of those background softwares and turning on the google latitude but my kid always figures it out and turns it off. He is very tech savvy and always knows when I've installed something and how to turn it off or delete it. I need a way to locate him without any installation and I'm not about to pay for this. We go through verizon and I know that you can subscribe to something like this but its ridiculous to pay to keep track of my kid. I know my way around a phone but I'm by no means any sort of programmer. Any suggestions?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
the problem, is that you're probably going to have to find somebody who knows a little programming.

I suppose, it one could modify the app so it runs continuously, then '#' parts in the code such as menu's so a user can,t change anything (and set a refresh so that the processes would always be restarting), then it would only leave rooting the device, installing as a system app, then removing the root. I guess he wouldn't be uninstalling it unless he roots the device.

just a thought. ;)

But if he's as tech savy as you say, then there isn't much one can do about it.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Tell your kid if he turns it off or uninstalls it, he loses his phone privileges.

My kid isn't old enough for a phone (getting there) but he has the similar rules with browser history on the computer. If he clears it, I'll assume he was up to no good and he loses internet privileges.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
My daughter is in her second year of college. I installed Mobile Recovery (free from Verizon). Has saved her butt a few times! Even used it to wake her (by making it scream...)

If he is that tech savvy though, even making this a system app would be deleted. I vote for the loss of phone privileges.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci