Biggest problems?

Mpizgatti

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Doing a little bit of research and I needed some help. I am trying to figure out what the biggest problems you had with android in general was and what you would have loved to have help with. Confusing menus or apps, specific problems with the software or recording audio etc...?

Thanks, it would help a lot if I could get some views.

androidmaster1

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
what kind of research are you doing? if i may ask? before my android, i had a blackberry, and there is a tremendous difference. i can do a multiple of things more than i was ever able to do with my blackberry.

ctuffy

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I finally put the old Blackberry to bed two days ago and never looked back. The only problem I have is the annoying 'bloatware' (I think that's what it's called). On the Blackberry I could hide it. Now I have to move it to one of the last screens. We bought our son a Facinate and he hated it. It was laying in a drawer and I thought 'what the heck'. I activated it and very happy. I'm still having problems typing because I loved the physical keys. Other than that I'm thrilled and wondering why I waited so long.

Mpizgatti

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok tuffy, thanks that does help a lot. Things such as trouble with bloatware and the keyboard. Androidmaster, I am doing some research for a small (for now) series of tutorials, and helpful videos/slideshows for the tech genre. Mainly focusing on Android for now so was just getting some opinions on what gave you the most trouble when you first acquired your phone. :)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I finally put the old Blackberry to bed two days ago and never looked back. The only problem I have is the annoying 'bloatware' (I think that's what it's called). On the Blackberry I could hide it. Now I have to move it to one of the last screens. We bought our son a Facinate and he hated it. It was laying in a drawer and I thought 'what the heck'. I activated it and very happy. I'm still having problems typing because I loved the physical keys. Other than that I'm thrilled and wondering why I waited so long.

I have found bloatware isn't that big of an issue. Sure, it's annoying, but, if you really want you can always root. I haven't found it to be so much of a nuisance that I needed to root. But, of course it's annoying that they put it there.

Also, sounds like the Nexus wont be coming with bloat. I could be wrong though. I have been out of the phone loop for quite some time, as, I have a phone and hadn't needed to do any research, but, this is from Wikipedia:

The Nexus is a series of Android smartphones produced by Google in co-operation with selected hardware companies. The purpose of the Nexus phones is to offer a "pure Android experience", in which the phones come free of carrier or manufacturer modifications and with an unlockable bootloader[1] to allow for further development and end-user modification.[2] Nexus phones are considered the "flagship" Android devices.[3][4][5][6][7]

Google Nexus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia