How do you attach pdf, xls or word documents with e-mails?

anon(1042122)

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
When sending e-mails, clicking attach only shows predetermined type of files, likes pictures, contact, video, etc.. but there is no option to attach "file" for example something that may be stored in sd card, like an excel sheet or word document or pdf.
Am I missing something or is this not a feature in Android?

Also,
Can we also view these three file types when received, save the file, then forward it via different e-mail?

Thanks in advance.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, now, this is a pickle.

To attach a file, goto Menu, Attachments, and you should be prompted with some options.

Usually I select File Manager, and browse to the directory where I keep the file. I would hope you have a file manager program installed.Maybe that is the issue.

With all the carrier "skins" going about in the states these days, and canada and some places in europe, maybe they thought you didn't need this option.

As with viewing docs, pdf's and such, you'll probably need to download an office program, Like Documents To Go, or Polaris. Both are very good, but I believe Polaris is contracted to Asus right now, so it's not on the market. But, you can still extract the free version from countless roms.

anon(1042122)

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I checked this at Verizon store, Droid X2 had attach... file.. option in gmail.
But when I checked the video reviews of Galaxy S2 and Verizon Rezound, neither showed File as an option in regular e-mail client.
I will never use gmail as my primary e-mail since I have exchange from work and all my personal e-mails are hotmail (except for one gmail account for reader)

androidmaster1

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Go to the document, select the email u are using, and u should have an option for attaching the attachment.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

anon(1042122)

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I had to download a 3rd party file explorer to get this done, there was no other way. Thanks for the replies.
Now I can attach even files not supported by system or stuff from root. (Galaxy Nexus, Stock)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante