Child's phone and Android Market advice please

vanfred1

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
My daughter is old enough for a gmail account but nowhere near old enough for a bank card.

I am going to buy her an android phone for Christmas and want to load it with a few games from the Android Market.

I would welcome advice on how to do this while ensuring she does not accidentally buy games using my card. Is it possible to delete a card from a Google Account?

She already has a gmail account that I can access.

Thanks

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've also had success adding my google account to my kids phone (as a second, additional account) downloading certain apps, and then either pin locking purchases , or just removing my account. most apps don't check to make sure the account is still on there. I don't think updates work though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm also glad that the market has filter levels that can be set, too. As well as the app "setdns" with the family friendly setting of opendns's family filter.

You also may want to add the lookout security app to aid locating the phone when it gets misplaced.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Pin code purchase only recently became available. My 3 year old bought a game back when they didn't have pin protection. Luckily it was only $0.99 .:)

This made my day. There's nothing more frightening than having your kid have access to your buying power. I have good kids, but that's still a haunting thought lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
This made my day. There's nothing more frightening than having your kid have access to your buying power. I have good kids, but that's still a haunting thought lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

It's even more frightening when your kid takes your car out on their first date :D:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze