Android Central community,

I need a new phone, and am undecided betwixt the EVO4G and the Nexus One. Also considering the Galaxy S, but I'm not feeling particular confident that it will be out soon enough. I can wait till early June, then I gotta get some kind of new phone.

General thoughts are 1) Nex gets 2.2 first, and is clean of any Sense UI garbage. Also has AMOLED screen. But, it has known multitouch problems and is on T-mobile, which as i understand it is less reliable than Sprint. 2) EVO has a massive screen, but its just a TFT. It's also riddled with Sense UI garbage. But it has an HDMI output and records HD video. Kickstand.

I had this question resolved, but when Sprint decided to tack on the extra 10 dollar fee/penalty, this upset the cost calculus and reopened the debate.

Please advise! All input welcome.

Also, I'm not getting an Incredible under any circumstances. I hate Verizon and I hate that phone (I waited for the N1 on Verizon since January and will never forgive them).

Thanks
    05-24-2010 11:40 AM
    I believe there was a video floating around showing that it was easy to switch sense UI on and off.

Unfortunately, I've seen so many videos in the past couple weeks on the EVO that I have no clue as to where that clip is!
    05-24-2010 01:06 PM
    Sense is very nice have you even used it?
    05-24-2010 06:14 PM
    Sense is very nice have you even used it?
    Yes, I've used it. DO NOT WANT. Why would I want my Android to look just like Windows Mobile? I don't need 7 homescreens, each covered with 1 huge thing. I don't like proprietary stuff. I don't like that they don't give you a choice whether to use it or not. Consequently, I'd be getting updates slower. Sure, maybe they'll rush to get 2.2 out, but they'll probably drag their feet on 2.3, and by the time 2.4 comes around they'll be so occupied with their (then) new phones that has a good chance of not ever happening (2.1 for Hero anytime?). No thanks.
    05-24-2010 07:56 PM
    You can turn Sense UI off on the EVO 4G. Search if your friend!
    05-24-2010 08:37 PM
    Thanks! This may be the information I needed.
    05-24-2010 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD