I have the motorola droid 3 and i can turn sleep on but the only way to turn it off is to take out the battery... is this common?
    12-14-2011 02:09 PM
    What do you mean the only way to turn sleep off is to take out the battery? Do you mean the only way to wake it up is to take out the battery?

And by sleep mode do you mean when the screen times out? Like, the display turns off? If so, you should be able to turn it back on by pressing the power button.

Whatever you mean, taking the battery out shouldn't be standard procedure for any normal function of your phone.
    12-15-2011 07:35 AM
    by turning on sleep, i hold down the power button... it gives me a list of options and i click the sleep... and to turn sleep off (meaning wake it up) the only way to do that is to take out the battery because holding down the power button does nothing.

this is not normal, is what you are saying???
    12-15-2011 12:24 PM
    by turning on sleep, i hold down the power button... it gives me a list of options and i click the sleep... and to turn sleep off (meaning wake it up) the only way to do that is to take out the battery because holding down the power button does nothing.

this is not normal, is what you are saying???
    Ohhh. Okay, I gotcha. I don't use that functionality, so, I forgot about it. Hahaha. Wow, yea, that's weird. It should definitely not function that way. I had never used it but just tested it while replying to this. I put my phone in sleep, then held the power button and it turned itself back on and I could keep posting. So, yea, definitely not normal.

How long did you hold the power button down? Could take a couple of seconds. I mean, I'm sure you did that, just checking. Did you look in your manual to ensure that is how you wake it up? I would assume it is, just a thought.
    12-15-2011 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD