Kids phone ROM/theme

ovsdhhs

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Are there any ROMs or themes designed for young children? I would like for my child to have a phone for emergencies. Now that Android phones are cheap, I can see giving my kid one. Some of the features I am looking for are Google Latitude for tracking them, just in case. Netnanny type of filtering on the internet. Restrict outbound calls to a predefined list. Limited or no marketplace access. Preinstalled kid friendly/learning games. I realize there are phones like Firefly, but I figure with all the fun stuff Androids can do they will make sure they carry it around with them.

I am new to Android, but competent on computers. Just bought my first Android phone yesterday, an LG Optimus V, and have already rooted, installed BACKside-IHO ROM, changed themes, etc. I have done a cursory search for a ROM or theme like this, but didn't see anything even similar. Do they exist? Can it be done manually? Any pointers would be appreciated.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
what a great idea. i haven't heard of anything kid specific but i like the idea. i think you should go over to xda and post over there as that's where all the great developers are, (and i'm sure a few of them are dad's).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers