Transfer Saved Games from Phone to Tablet

rwelsh09

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple questions that I'm sure someone here can answer.

I currently have an android phone and would like to get a tablet. But can I get my phone apps on to the tablet without buying them again? And is there a way to keep my save states?

Bonus question: Which tablet would you recommend?

Thank you

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Once you buy an App it can be downloaded from any device using the same account without additional charges. To transfer data, you'll need to root and use a backup app, like titanium backup or my backup pro.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this will work, but, one time, I pulled app data off my phone using my PC. Then, later, I put it back on and all of my save data was there. Not sure if this will work going to a different device, but, it couldn't hurt to try and install an app on the tab, and, copy over any related data from your phone, to see if you can get your saves.

Sorry, don't have a tablet, so, no opinion for your bonus question. :p

MYNAMESALEX

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an android device yet, so I'm not sure how much access you have through file manager. I use a free dropbox account to send app data save files to and retrieve from between my iPad and iPhone.
Actually there is a jailbreak app for ios that does this (for app save data and settings only)by clicking the apps name in a list and hitting backup or restore after syncing with your Dropbox account. All the file management is done in the background for you. Quite nice. Dev idea for android if it's not been done yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles