SMS Question

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am going to be upgrading from my Palm Pre+ soon. On my palm I am able to keep any SMS messages from a single contact as a separate "conversation" so I can see all of the messages from each source in a separate card. This is helpful as I use the phone as a medical pager. I can see all of the messages from my answering service.

Is there a way to do anything like that with Android? Will any of the 3rd party apps allow this?

Hobbz

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I just made the transition from webOS (Pre2) to Android last week. Lots of details are different and take some patience getting used to them. heh

From what I can tell so far - yes, each sender's messages are grouped and saved as a separate conversation from other senders. It behaves like the Pre in that regard.

I suggest taking a look at the Handcent messaging app. It seems much better than the basic one which comes with the phone. You can view all the app info from a website and even initiate the installation from there - https://market.android.com

Reactions: sweaner

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
+1 for Handcent.

You can either delete the entire thread, or individual messages within it. Also like the customization with it. And if you're rooted, it contains additional features.

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I was a Pre- owner and WebOS zealot. I miss things about WebOS, but am very pleased with Android and my GS2.

For SMS, I highly recommend Go SMS Pro. It has many of the Pre features. I especially love that I can set special tones and icons for individual contacts. Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I am trying to hang onto my Pre as long as possible, but it is good to know that the functionality I need will be available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arnor