Miss my silence button from iphone

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I need to be able to reach in my pocket and turn off the sound. There are times when you just can't take the phone out and futz with it. I loved that I could flip a switch on the iphone in my pocket and feel the confirmatory vibration. THERE HAS GOT to be an app that allows me to do that with one of the hard buttons on the galaxy...but I can't find it. They are all widgets or apps that I have to unlock the phone for. PLEASE someone develop this or tell me where there is one.

One other pet peeve. The "home" button is not a real button and it isn't lit up... so I can't see it or feel it. I miss that!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I need to be able to reach in my pocket and turn off the sound. There are times when you just can't take the phone out and futz with it. I loved that I could flip a switch on the iphone in my pocket and feel the confirmatory vibration. THERE HAS GOT to be an app that allows me to do that with one of the hard buttons on the galaxy...but I can't find it. They are all widgets or apps that I have to unlock the phone for. PLEASE someone develop this or tell me where there is one.

One other pet peeve. The "home" button is not a real button and it isn't lit up... so I can't see it or feel it. I miss that!

First, the iPhone, does not have a switch you can flip. Only buttons you can press.

Android does the same thing. Get a call, and hit the pwr button. Kills it. Unless you have set the option to "answer on pwr" or "any button".

Also, there's the volume rocker. Not difficult to find, even with hands in the pocket.

There are also Profiles you can set. Based on what you think may happen. And these can be easily added with a widget.

Yeah, it sucks when you're talking to a new babe, and "somebody" else calls. Better to just reach the old hand down in the pocket, and turn the vol down. Or be a little bit better prepared and do it beforehand.

Can you reprogram the buttons, Yes, in some cases you can. With root. Some apps can do this,

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
actually, the iphone does have a button... It is a sliding switch on the top left that slides to mute and causes the phone to vibrate when you slide it to confirm.

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
also, the solution to hit the volume down button isn't useful... When the phone is asleep in your pocket, that switch is inactive... You can activate by hitting the power button...but if your phone is locked, you are still screwed...

I need to be able to shut the sound off in one hand motion without futzing!!!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Use the volume rocker. What, it takes 1.7 seconds?
Or do you keep your device locked all the time?
It's not an iPhone. And the iPhone does not have a switch you can flick. Maybe a slider. Ewww.... who cares.

And by the way, my PWR button is not inactive. Granted, your device may be that way. Mine is currently set to kill the call or any audio notification. No, it does not put it in silent mode. But, a simple widget will accomplish this. One touch, but, you;ll have to actually look at your device to activate thw widget.

So far, you have what, 4 options?. None which suffice. All of them viable. Not to mention you could change your device into airplane mode, but that would require you to actually think beforehand, and handle your device.

Dude, keep your iPhone.

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Relax. I love my Android because it is so flexible. One thing it doesn't have is that switch and I an going there is a fix for that. I can't leave my phone unlocked so the rocker switch isn't a solution. This is a perfect opportunity for someone too create an app

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Moscow, as stated above the iPhone DOES have a switch to place it in silent mode. It is not a button, and works regardless if the phone is locked.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the iphone does have a switch. But likewise, there are plenty of apps that can silence all.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Use the volume rocker. What, it takes 1.7 seconds?
Or do you keep your device locked all the time?
It's not an iPhone. And the iPhone does not have a switch you can flick. Maybe a slider. Ewww.... who cares.

And by the way, my PWR button is not inactive. Granted, your device may be that way. Mine is currently set to kill the call or any audio notification. No, it does not put it in silent mode. But, a simple widget will accomplish this. One touch, but, you;ll have to actually look at your device to activate thw widget.

So far, you have what, 4 options?. None which suffice. All of them viable. Not to mention you could change your device into airplane mode, but that would require you to actually think beforehand, and handle your device.

Dude, keep your iPhone.

Haha, MD, you are getting sassier as each day of forum posting passes. You should change your tag to "Jaded Troubleshooter." :p Just kidding, you know I think you rock.

As for the context of this thread, when is there a situation where you can't take your phone off to hit the power switch, and, use the slider to put it on vibrate? I mean, seriously, phones are so integrated with society nowadays, I don't think I'd think twice taking it out to put it on vibrate if I were talking to the President. I mean, c'mon, I take it out of my pocket in the middle of meetings at work when I realize it's not on vibrate, and, no one even notices.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae