Why is this happening?

Couck#WN

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting this stuff in my notifications. Why?
6192828b-cbea-d2f5.jpg

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if the tiny image showing in your thread, is the image you intend for us to see, as I've never seen a multi color image like that in the notification bar. However, I would guess, if the image you posted is correct, an image sync such as Picasso.

First off, what device?

Reactions: Couck#WN

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! That was the solution. These forums have been a life savor.

A life saver, eh? And yet, no forum thanks were given... Is it just me, or, does this bother anyone else? For all the time some of us put in here, we get little out of it other then our thanked and likes counters.

Reactions: Moscow Desire

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok Dev, I thanked you! ;)

But really, Dev is right, If people helped you, then, the best thing to do, is lay a Thanks. Don't just take your solution, and run.

Some of us, spend a lot of time helping people, Some, with very unusual issues that require e-mails, or PM's. We don't get anything for it. But hitting the THANKS button, is a little reward.

We're not blessed with being at the beginning of Android Central like the Mods, where every little tidbit was rewarded with several hundred Thanks at one time. Hence why some have a few thousand. Things have died out since the early days of Android.

But, when somebody gives you a solution to a PROBLEM, hit the THANKS button. It's the least you can do. Don't just run off to Mickey D's to celebrate.

Reactions: Sierra02

Couck#WN

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow I did say thank you! Don't know why all the sudden these posts have been added. I am very grateful whenever I am helped. Is there a "thank you" button? If so I am sorry I didn't know.

Edit: okay I found the thanks button.

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow I did say thank you! Don't know why all the sudden these posts have been added. I am very grateful whenever I am helped. Is there a "thank you" button? If so I am sorry I didn't know.

HA!

You will see a "Thanks" button at the bottom of each post a person wrote. Like a "thumbs up"

Don't worry about it. ;) I thanked him for you.

And, it wasn't really directed at you. But more in general. Please don't take it the wrong way :)

Couck#WN

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
No I didn't take it the wrong way. Just wanna make sure no one thinks I'm one of those idiots who doesn't appreciate help and also get all pissy when no one can help them. If it wasn't for this site I would be back to my Treo bc I didn't know all the amazing potential of android and was getting frustrated. Then I found this magical place of information and I've never looked back.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok Dev, I thanked you! ;)

But really, Dev is right, If people helped you, then, the best thing to do, is lay a Thanks. Don't just take your solution, and run.

Some of us, spend a lot of time helping people, Some, with very unusual issues that require e-mails, or PM's. We don't get anything for it. But hitting the THANKS button, is a little reward.

We're not blessed with being at the beginning of Android Central like the Mods, where every little tidbit was rewarded with several hundred Thanks at one time. Hence why some have a few thousand. Things have died out since the early days of Android.

But, when somebody gives you a solution to a PROBLEM, hit the THANKS button. It's the least you can do. Don't just run off to Mickey D's to celebrate.

Hahaha!! Thanks MD!!

One of these days I'm going to make a banner sig that says don't forget to hit thanks.

No, we really don't get anything out of it. The Thanks and the Likes are the really only reward you get. I don't do it for them, I do it because I like to, but, it's nice when you get one. :D

Edit: okay I found the thanks button.

You absolutely did. But, I can't tell you how many times I've been thanked in text, but, not with the button. maybe it's vain, but, for all people know I've helped thousands of people, but, I only have a handful of thanks. I kinda want it to be known how helpful I am, if I am, ya know?

HA!

You will see a "Thanks" button at the bottom of each post a person wrote. Like a "thumbs up"

Don't worry about it. ;) I thanked him for you.

And, it wasn't really directed at you. But more in general. Please don't take it the wrong way :)

Honestly, I didn't even deserve a Thanks in this post. Maybe just for bringing the issue up. But, I didn't even answer the question. I just made the sassy remark about not giving the button Thanks, hehe.

No I didn't take it the wrong way. Just wanna make sure no one thinks I'm one of those idiots who doesn't appreciate help and also get all pissy when no one can help them. If it wasn't for this site I would be back to my Treo bc I didn't know all the amazing potential of android and was getting frustrated. Then I found this magical place of information and I've never looked back.

We don't think you are an idiot. Honestly, you got a lot of flak that's been built up from others in the past. I didn't mean to direct it all at you. But, like MD said, we spend a lot of time posting and get very little out of it. I think I've started maybe four threads. All my other hundreds of posts are me trying to help others. Lets not even talk about how many posts MD has. :D

Reactions: Dixie