Best PC Software to convert videos for Android?

OjilEye

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
What is the best PC software application I can use to convert my existing mpeg videos to a format that I can easily click-and-drag to my new Android phone?

The last one I used was Handbrake, which was a looong time ago, and hasn't released any new updates.

PittsPgh

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
What is the best PC software application I can use to convert my existing mpeg videos to a format that I can easily click-and-drag to my new Android phone?

The last one I used was Handbrake, which was a looong time ago, and hasn't released any new updates.

FreeMake is a good one. You can even set up a custom setting for the screen resolution for your phone/device.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I tried Handbrake when I needed to do this, but, it wouldn't work for what I wanted. I am not at home, so, I can't see what the software I have is called. But, I'll try and remember to check and post back when I can.

OjilEye

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi thanks for the responses guys. Devinator, if you can remember what application you use, that would be great.

I'll check out "Freemake" in the meantime. I hope it is optimized for varying resolutions and screens, since there are so many Android displays out there!
Are there any other notable ones?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi thanks for the responses guys. Devinator, if you can remember what application you use, that would be great.

I'll check out "Freemake" in the meantime. I hope it is optimized for varying resolutions and screens, since there are so many Android displays out there!
Are there any other notable ones?

Can't seem to find it. But, it was a great piece of software. It converted so much. If I come across it in the future, I'll come back here and post.

Hopefully Freemake will work out for ya!! :D

If not, scour the internet, I'm sure you'll be able to find one eventually. It's how I found it. Either way, good luck.

On another note, I was just able to play some .mkv files with Moboplayer. That's what I originally needed the conversion for. Not sure if that plays .mpeg files, but, worth checking out.