Help - Cannot Open Email Attachments

Shermdiggity

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi Forum,

I searched the forums and couldn't find a resolution to my problem. If there is an existing thread which answers this question, please point me in that direction. If not, i would really appreciate any insight and expertise you can provide.

I cannot open email attachments of any type using the stock email or TouchDown app, which I use to pull email from my job's Exchange Server. Email functions fine otherwise. I can see that an email has an attachment, but when i click to download, the process begins then always ends with the message 'Not implemented". This happens will all file types.

Thoughts? Help please.

I'm using an AT&T SGSII with Android 2.3.6

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi Forum,

I searched the forums and couldn't find a resolution to my problem. If there is an existing thread which answers this question, please point me in that direction. If not, i would really appreciate any insight and expertise you can provide.

I cannot open email attachments of any type using the stock email or TouchDown app, which I use to pull email from my job's Exchange Server. Email functions fine otherwise. I can see that an email has an attachment, but when i click to download, the process begins then always ends with the message 'Not implemented". This happens will all file types.

Thoughts? Help please.

I'm using an AT&T SGSII with Android 2.3.6

Well, I would suggest installing DocumentsToGo (paid version). It allows you to open and edit word docs, xls, pdf, and xls.

From the e-mail app. Office 2003 and 2007 compatible only.

Shermdiggity

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I would suggest installing DocumentsToGo (paid version). It allows you to open and edit word docs, xls, pdf, and xls.

From the e-mail app. Office 2003 and 2007 compatible only.

This doesn't seem to be my problem. I have D2Go (Free Version) and Quick Office so I have the software that should enable me to open attachments. But for some reason, i continue to get the error "Not Implemented" when I try to download or open an attachment.

This is my only complaint right now after coming over from Blackberry in October.

Any other ideas? I'm sure I'm just missing something simple.

willowers

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i m using atrix 2 and having the same problem.
it looks like that the email client app is trying to open it.
but then it fails to find the right app to process the attachment file type.

is there a place to set the association between file types and apps?