Google Contacts Clean Up?

Foppa

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for the best way to switch to an Android phone (EVO).

I'm specifically referring to how contacts works. I hear it can be a mess when activating your Android device for the first time, because it pulls all of your contacts in from Gmail. I've been using Gmail for years and don't want every email address pulled in.

Is there a way to do this manually, or will it automatically import all of my gmail contact on to my phone?

If this is true, what have you guys don't to clean up/organize your contacts?

broli

May 29, 2010
Visit site
i created a contact group, in gmail, while on my pc (full keyboard :p ), called "milestone"
then, i created/imported contacts to that group (still on the pc)

on the phone, i enabled the gmail count, went to options, and configure sync options. there i choosed that only contacts in the "milestone" group are to be shown

groups work more or less like labels in mails. each contact can have several groups (or none), so you can tag family memebers, regardless if you want them on the phone or not

a full sync is done anyways, so you might want to do it over wifi (if you have some limits on cellphone data, or are roaming)

Last edited:

Foppa

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to give that a shot.

Can you explain what you meant about the labels and tagging? --If I create at group called, "Contacts" and only allow that group to show up, will I still be able to categorize those in my "Contacts" group?

broli

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I say groups are like labels, because each contact can be in more than one group.

For example, people in your family can be in the group "family", and in the phone group.

Just like labels in gmail's mails

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12