Closed apps automatically start when internet connection is made.

acebo

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Some of my closed apps automatically start when internet connection is opened.

How do they sence the connection is opened?
Is there an app that can stop them from opening?

My app killer will kill them when I manually hit the kill botton or when the phone is locked.
But there is no settings that stop them from starting and running after I start my data or WiFi connection.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Closed apps automatically start when internet connection is m

Not to sure about the problem your having with apps closing on opening your internet connection but I would recommend loosing the task/app killer....

They have been proven to cause more problems than good and in some situations possibly yours cause strange things to happen.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Some of my closed apps automatically start when internet connection is opened.

How do they sence the connection is opened?
Is there an app that can stop them from opening?

My app killer will kill them when I manually hit the kill botton or when the phone is locked.
But there is no settings that stop them from starting and running after I start my data or WiFi connection.

I would assume because they are constantly running, and, while running, checking to see if you have a connection over and over again. Do you need the app, or, can you uninstall it?

Not to sure about the problem your having with apps closing on opening your internet connection but I would recommend loosing the task/app killer....

They have been proven to cause more problems than good and in some situations possibly yours cause strange things to happen.

Yea, agreed. You don't need one of these. Besides, if you go into Manage Apps, you can kill apps from there.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site

it's how Android apps work, just like some apps will start some processes automatically when the SD card is mounted after you disconnect from your computer - ie the gallery which will check for new pics.

They are supposed to do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463