noob android question

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys new to android coming from the pre, as are so many others. I've already opened a gmail account so i can sync a calendar, I use yahoo for my business address is it better for me to switch completely to gmail or just use my calendar from gmail and keep my business yahoo account? I can always forward it to gmail but i have to keep it because of all of the records saved in files in yahoo.

Thanks in advance.

Fitz1015

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
if you keep the yahoo and forward to Gmail . when you respond to a e-mail from your EVO the people receiving the e-mail will see your Gmail address. I would switch to Gmail 100% but thats just me. i have a hard time keeping two e-mail account up to date

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
yeah i was worried about that, but im attached to yahoo mail for the forseeable future, business cards websites etc. i guess i could email people out of gmail and hope that they get the memo.

quandary.

Fitz1015

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
what i did was. set a out of office on my hotmail and post sorry my e-mail address has change please update to my new @gmail.com address. the nice thing about gmail is you can have one account for work and one for personnel in one account. what i mean is lets say you e-mail address is Cr12@gmail.com you can give cr.12 for you work e-mail and cr12 for personnel and they both would go to Cr12@gmail.com and you can create filters to only back up copy of e-mails beening sent to Cr.12 . hope this helps

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
yeah ive found that out, ill probly just fwd all my yahoo to gmail, just because i have to. thanks for the tips.

i wonder what the delay is between fwding, hopefully it doesnt take too long for the fwded mail to hit gmail.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah i was worried about that, but im attached to yahoo mail for the forseeable future, business cards websites etc. i guess i could email people out of gmail and hope that they get the memo.

quandary.

Cr12, I'd totally move to gmail. There's no better decision I made than my gmail account several years ago.. You can forward from Yahoo to Gmail and in your signature, say something like, "Please note my new address" - after a couple of months you can switch completely over, just checking Yahoo on occasion.. That's how I did it. You can also send out a mass mail from Yahoo to all of your contacts letting them know. You won't regret it - Yahoo mail is a joke compared to Gmail, IMO.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
ps, I just saw your question about forwarding.. I have a hotmail acct forwarding to a gmail account and there is no delay at ALL from what I can tell.

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
yeah ive been messing with it all day, the calendar is loads better than yahoo, i did the palm pre patch and just imported all of my contacts so when i get my evo they will download,

@evogirl i think that is what i will do, i have a thousand business cards with yahoo, ill just have to fwd it for the foreseeable future, but thats not such a hassle, i know the gmail client for android is supposed to be awesome vs yahoo.

thanks for the info about the delay as well.

ready for my EVO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC