Comign from WinMobile to Android. need some help

turbodude

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, im comign from Windows Mobile and use my outlook for everything from agenda to calender events to contacts.

I require a sync nightly, how would i do this to my new android phone?

Thanks in advance!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi, you can sync your Outlook to your Google account. Google offers many programs for this, you can start looking here. (3rd party vendors have software as well) My search for this began when my company switched to Google Apps.

google outlook sync - Google Search - Not being a smart a$$ here, there are tons of applications that will accomplish this in a variety of different ways.

(edit)
If you're using MS Exchange though, Android has support for syncing, though some prefer 3rd party apps to handle this.

Last edited:

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi, you can sync your Outlook to your Google account. Google offers many programs for this, you can start looking here. (3rd party vendors have software as well) My search for this began when my company switched to Google Apps.

google outlook sync - Google Search - Not being a smart a$$ here, there are tons of applications that will accomplish this in a variety of different ways.

(edit)
If you're using MS Exchange though, Android has support for syncing, though some prefer 3rd party apps to handle this.

Are you using Outlook with a corporate email account, i.e. MS Exchange? Like this above poster stated, if you connect to an Exchange server that would simply things.

If you are using Outlook with POP3 or some other method (why???), then sync your Outlook with a google account like the above poster said.

Lastly, if you do not have an Exchange account and you use a personal account with Outlook, I would suggest you really check out the Gmail webmail interface. Even Outlook 2010 doesn't come close to the "threaded" view of emails that Gmail (web interface) has. I eschewed Outlook (2000 at the time) in favor for Gmail's web interface about 4-5 yearts ago, and I have never looked back. I still use Outlook 2010 for my work email (no choice here), but I don't feel it's necessary.

turbodude

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

(edit)

I have searched but was asking what ways you guys have accomplished. Most say the 3rd party solutions are glitchy.

I am not using Exchange, im using POP mail

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The real problem isn't the software being glitchy, it's Outlook being glitchy. Outlook in general does not play nice with anything else. Even straight IMAP on Outlook is downright pathetic.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used this but saw it mentioned multiple times in Google groups: WebGear.co.nz | GO Contact Sync - synchronize your contacts between Microsoft Outlook and Google Mail (for contacts) and: Introduction to Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help.

Being that your email is POP, as others have advised, you may want to checkout the Google ecosystem, personally I've made the switch myself and love it (even use the free version of Google Apps so i can my own domain names on their services).

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Also, Thunderbird offers great integration with Google services, including Google Calendar, Contacts, and of course GMail. Anything can use POP3.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I am also coming from winmobile. Will the 8 gb memory card in my treo pro work in the EVO without formatting. In other words, will my music, photos, MS word files on my memory card for the treo pro work in the EVO without formatting?

Thanks

Last edited:

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, im comign from Windows Mobile and use my outlook for everything from agenda to calender events to contacts.

I require a sync nightly, how would i do this to my new android phone?

Thanks in advance!

Wow! What a shock this is going to be. I was fortunate to play around with WebOS for a year before coming from WinMo. It was a pleasant transition I feel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1