Just curious, can we add 'pages' to the launcher and move icons around to different pages like the Pre can do? If now, can we at least add folders and move icons into folders like a BB ?

Thanks, My first Android. Sorry for a n00b question.
    06-02-2010 06:08 PM
    Yes, you can move icons around to different pages, and yes you can create folders and move icons into folders. But you can't add new pages beyond the original 7 that HTC Sense provides. There are other home launcher apps on the market, and some may allow more pages. Not sure. I like Sense, so I stick with it.

One thing you CAN do is create different "Scenes", which is basically a whole new set of 7 pages of icons. Think of them as different ways you would setup your phone, like you can have a "Work" scene, then a "Play" scene, etc. I haven't used scenes much yet, but could come in handy.

Hope this helps!
    NVNJ likes this.
    06-02-2010 06:16 PM
    Are you saying that on the page that lists all the program icons, you can create folders? Or are you talking about the 7 home pages?
    06-02-2010 06:28 PM
    If you are talking about the "launcher" that the Pre had several pages, this you cannot. The "launcher" portion is just a long string of applications arranged 4x4 that you scroll up and down. They are arranged alphabetically. However, you do get 7 "home screens" with the HTC Sense UI. This you can add widgets (the overall kicker for using an Android phone), "live folders" (imagine clicking on a folder and having access to all your pandora radio stations), a folder, quick shortcuts (coworker has links to websites - i like that), and direct shortcuts to your most frequently used applications.
    06-02-2010 06:33 PM
    Very very nice! Thanks guys.
    06-02-2010 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD