Deleting and Moving Shortcuts

vbn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
How do you delete a shortcut from the home screen? I managed to create a duplicate. Also, how do you move shortcuts between the three home screens.
Thanks
Droid Newbie

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
long press -- when it wiggles/vibrates, you can drag it down to the drawer (which becomes a trash bin)

you can move things between the screens by dragging to the edge, but i find this difficult, and prefer to just remove the icon from one screen and add it to the other by shifting to the desired screen and opening the drawer, then long pressing the icon from the drawer -- this will let you drop it on the home screen

rfdillon

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have not been successful dragging items between the pages - but I was wondering how I might go about adding items to a folder? I would like to group my apps into folders, and I have been able to create folders, but when I drag and drop a shortcut or widget onto my newly created folder, it doesn't go into it. Thanks in advance for your help!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
open the folder, then open the drawer, longpress on what you want to move, and drag it into the folder.

you can also do this without opening the folder, just drag the icon over the folder, the icon will change to an open folder, and then drop it in

rfdillon

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks so much! I wanted to move one widget from my home page to a folder. I guess I'll just delete it and add it from the drawer, thanks so much for your help!

eyeclick

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
To move widgets from one page to the other, hold it till it vibrates a little and is mobile then drag to the side you want to go to, pause there, the screen will rotate to the next page after about two seconds, then drop on the new page.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
And how do you clear them from the main menu screen (not home)? After trying some and not wanting them, they refuse to trash! They're cluttering me up now...

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Just an update for anyone else. Found it this a.m. On the Settings menu is a spot for Applications...hmmmm....clicking on that gave me the option of uninstalling several things that wouldn't trash normally, and ran in the background to boot. The adventure continues...helmets on, lights on, knives sharp.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan