I've downloaded Titanium backup Pro (Paid), ROM Manager, Root Explorer. I want to flash a ROM but need help on back up and restoring data (apps,etc.)

Can someone point me in the right direction?
    How to make Nandroid backups (bc I think I need one right?)

Using a GNex, so if I back up to SD card, it's just gonna get wiped when I install the new ROM right?
    01-24-2012 04:32 PM
    I've downloaded Titanium backup Pro (Paid), ROM Manager, Root Explorer. I want to flash a ROM but need help on back up and restoring data (apps,etc.)

Can someone point me in the right direction?
    How to make Nandroid backups (bc I think I need one right?)

Using a GNex, so if I back up to SD card, it's just gonna get wiped when I install the new ROM right?
    -use titanium backup and backup your apps and apps data. (use the batch mode for faster job).
    -next thing would be open up ROM manager and use that to flash CWM RECOVERY. (assuming it's compatible
    with your phone, if not you have to find a way of installing cwm recovery)
    -download and put the rom file you want to flash (along with any files that need to be flash)
    -boot into cwm recovery and do a nandroid backup
    -while still in recovery wipe data
    -flash rom and reboot
    -use titanium to restore apps plus data, don't restore system data

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    01-24-2012 10:46 PM
    Your SD card isn't touched when installing a ROM. Make sure it is actually an SD card and not internal storage.
    01-25-2012 01:43 PM
    Thanks for the response man. Looked all over the place but couldnt find what i was looking for. Big help.
    01-25-2012 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD