CM7 Questions

picsles

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

just have a couple quick questions. Instead of putting em in different threads I figured id just list em here.

1)When tethering in a rooted cm7 phone, do I have to change anything or will the carrier (tmobile) just think im using my phones data? I used over 2gigs of high speed data while tethered, just a little nervous about getting charged...

2)I no longer have a "4g" icon. Yet, instead I have an "H" icon... using a g2x I dont know if that matters.

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
1. I don't believe the carrier can detect that you are tethering. If you begin to consume large amounts of data they may send you a notice and could have reason to believe that you are tethering and will ask you to cease. By large amounts of data, I mean more than 2 gigs, perhaps in the range of 15+ gigs on a regular basis. Even then, I know there are a lot of people who regularly watch Netflix, youtube, and stream music on their phones and reach 15 gigs easily. If there is a problem the carrier should notify you to resolve the issue before initiating a rate increase or cease the contract.

In short, don't worry about it unless you are consuming a tremendous amount of data and receive a notice from TMO.

2. Does the 4G icon go away when tethered? This may be because tethering with third-party apps usually supports 3G data only, not 4G.

picsles

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks for the reply. THE "H" icon is always on though. Not just when tethered. I've attached a screenshot where you can see what it looks like.
d036258f-17f9-aeb7.jpg

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

picsles

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks very much but of course I did a search as well before posting here. The strange part is that I was in 4g for a while even after I installed cm7. Then after a reboot or something it changed.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci