Home, menu, return and search keys not working

kanaganai

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
My main four buttons on my HTC Sensation (Home, menu, back and search) aren't working properly.

When I touch them, they respond with vibration (Sometimes, they don't even vibrate), but it's VERY sometimes that it actually functions. Often time, I have to tap it several times before it actually does what I want it to do.

I have went into recovery mode, wiped everything, factory reset, and just about everything I could think of, and yet it still doesn't fix it. It happened to me with my last phone (I had my Sensation replaced through warranty, but my parents think I'm being careless with my phone if I tell them it isn't functioning right again lol)

It was NOT rooted, and before I used to run GoLauncher, but it's all gone now through factory reset.

Also, whenever I tap home button, it sometimes functions with whatever's located at the VERY bottom of the screen itself. Lolwut this is second time it's doing this, whydidigetthisphoneomfg

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If it was replaced through warranty I guess it's too late to return it. I would try contacting your carrier and complain. Make them deal with it. Try and get them to replace it again, but, request that it be a different model this time. Since you've had this issue before, it might give you some leverage. Sounds like a hardware issue, so, not much you can do.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Devinator. Complain and ask the carrier to provide you with a comparable replacement that is a different model. It's very odd that you hare having these issues even after you have factory reset and cleared everything.