Cannot delete pictures from gallery.

sompopo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have pictures in the gallery that I think was pulled from an old blog I had on blogger. The problem is that I cannot delete these pictures. I have checked all file folders under my files. I have tried the long press method and put check marks on the pictures but the delete option disappears and all I am left with is share and about. I also connected my phone to my PC and checked all files there but these pictures seem to only show in the gallery. Seems if they are in the gallery then they have to be in a file somewhere? Sincing is turned off and the blog was deleted months ago. Any help would be appreciated. My phone is the Infuse.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
They're most likely being stored in a folder other then "pictures". Either from your computer or a file manager app like"Astro". Browse through all the folders on the SD card and see if you can find the images. You can also try a "search" of the SD card for file extensions like... jpeg, gif, png, bmp.

sompopo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have searched every file in my files and nothing. I have no file manger apps downloaded. The pictures showed up today out of the blue. I did a factory reset two days ago when I was trying to download the Gingerbread update. I think if I do another factory reset they will just come back again. Why in the hell would one not be able to delete these pictures? There is a very small icon on the first picture that looks like a segmented circle. I am completely stumped.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I know certain apps/games will do that. Its happened to me before.. they're usually small icons or thumbnails but I was always able to delete the folder from the gallery.
You can try downloading a file manager app and see if that works for you. Astro file manager is free in the market.

Have you installed any recent apps lately around the same time that this started happening?

sompopo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
No apps other than the weather channel and tiny flashlight. I will try the file manger you spoke of. Thanks, I will let you know.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
OK.. its definitely not the weather channel but I have seen members having problems with certain flashlite apps... mostly getting advertisements sent to their notification bar. I'm not sure if tiny flashlite was one of the ones causing problems but either way you should browse through the folders on your sd card and try to find out where those images are being stored and delete them.

Is that blog synced with any of your accounts on your phone? For example "Picasa" will sync with your Gmail account and add pictures to your gallery which can't be deleted from the phone. The only way to remove them is to log onto Picasas website from a browser and delete them from there.

sompopo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Astro but no luck. The pictures do not show in any file on this phone. I did a search in Astro and it turned up nothing. I know the pictures came from that blog because the picture file has the blog name attached to it. Like I said the blog was deleted several months back. This just does not make any since. Oh well.

willward

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problem. I am sure I?ve seen a picassa logo on one of the photos in gallery that I want to remove. However, when I went to picassa, there was nothing. I don?t have a picassa account.
Any ideas where one can find the pics in Picassa?

tmorris1289

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I tried downloading two different picassa apps... one didn't have the pictures I wanted to delete, and the other one did but I couldn't delete it. This is how I got my pictures deleted---} I went to Google and logged in, went to the 'classic' view (not the mobile version), selected photos from the menu and deleted the pictures there. It took a minute or so after I deleted the pics from my Google account for the pics to delete from my gallery, but it did it automatically.

I found that if I downloaded a picture from an email that I had received, this is what happens. Hope I helped and good luck!

pianomanss87

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
on the nexus 7 in the gallery tap the menu button top right, click settings, turn on photo sync. go to google plus and delete your photos. the sync will delete the photos from device. turn off sync when done.

Piano Man

gloriang

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues deleting photos from my gallery as well, hope somebody can help me! the photos i have in my gallery are from an old blog that i've deleted, and they all have the picasa logo in the bottom corner. it's weird because i haven't downloaded the picasa app; i tried to dl google+ and delete my photos from there but it's showing up as no photos (i think because i deleted the blog). does anybody know where else i can go to find the photos to delete them?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Sign into Picasa.. Same login info as your Google account.. and delete the photos. (best done from a desktop view browser, not mobile)
https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer?fgl=true&pli=1

Go to your phones Settings.. Accounts & Sync.. Gmail account.. Turn off the sync option for Picasa web albums.
Go to your phones Settings.. Manage Apps.. All.. Gallery.. and delete the app data to refresh the gallery.

If you dont want to remove the photos from Picasa, then just do the last two steps.

Samgilmore

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have pictures in the gallery that I think was pulled from an old blog I had on blogger. The problem is that I cannot delete these pictures. I have checked all file folders under my files. I have tried the long press method and put check marks on the pictures but the delete option disappears and all I am left with is share and about. I also connected my phone to my PC and checked all files there but these pictures seem to only show in the gallery. Seems if they are in the gallery then they have to be in a file somewhere? Sincing is turned off and the blog was deleted months ago. Any help would be appreciated. My phone is the Infuse.
I found the answer to deleting pictures from gallery it's pretty easy go to Android SGS3 follow instructions it worked for me in a snap every easy if I can do it it's got to be easy. Here's what you do. Go to Settings. Accounts and Sync. Click on your Google acct. then uncheck Picasa web albums. Go to settings Application Manager. All. Click on Gallery and then clear data. That's it works for me you do have to reload the pics back you want.

Samgilmore

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Here's what you do. Go to Settings. Accounts and Sync. Click on your Google acct. then uncheck Picasa web albums. Go to settings Application Manager. All. Click on Gallery and then clear data. That's it works for me you do have to reload the pics back you want.

Javed Iqbal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Deleted pictures from Gallery.

Thanks for one of my friend who post the simple and timeless procedure to remove the photos from the Album like INSTANTUPLOADS, SCRAPPHOTOS etc.
Once again thanks for ANDROIDCENTRLE FORUMS

Imis Ward

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I could not delete uploaded photos on my android and they were pictures I didnt want. I dont even know how they were saved. I went to this web sit and 1-2-3 they were deleted ~ not all my photos just those that were uploaded.
Great!!!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke