Is there STILL really no way to watch iTunes movies on Android?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
We still haven't figured this out? Apple still slaps DRM all over their video content? I want to buy a season of a show from iTunes to watch on my Nexus and I won't be able to because of DRM. I don't want to pay $40+ for a crappy DRM-Remover app. Is there really no legal/easy way to watch iTunes-purchased videos on my Android device??

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is there STILL really no way to watch iTunes movies on Androi

And that's why I don't buy anything from iTunes. Or iBooks. Or i-anything.

I'd really check to see if you can buy it from elsewhere....like Amazon or Google, where you'll be able to watch it easily on a wide range of devices (not sure if you can watch these on your iPad/iPhone though, but at least you'll be able to watch them on your Android device or PC).

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Maybe one day this barrier will be broken down like BLU RAY and HD DVD..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Well just like anything else out there, if you Google it enough there are ways to get things converted to work from one format to another....

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

All the more reason to completely disconnect from iTunes. When they finally removed DRM from their music, they raised the price and are still the highest priced songs out there. Apple appears to want iTunes to be used exclusively by iWhatever users, so let them be.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm well aware iTunes sucks lol Thing is, I got an iTunes gift card and want to use it! Oh well, I guess I'll stick to buying music.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site

And that's why I don't buy anything from iTunes. Or iBooks. Or i-anything.

I'd really check to see if you can buy it from elsewhere....like Amazon or Google

but still laden with DRM, and if you root your phone, say goodbye to Google movies (and books?). And if google/OEMs/content providers decide not to support your phone, then you can't get to them either.

Good and bad in each ecosystem.

Ain't Apple's fault if they couldn'T convince all content producers to get rid of DRM like they did with the music labels... I'm sure they're working on it, or maybe they gave up and now prefer to keep things no their i-ecosystem. Who knows.

Only way you COULD watch iTunes movies on Android is to somehow re-encode it into a drm-free format. I'm sure THAT has been achieved somehow, though we won't be discussing that on this forum I think.:-X

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

We still haven't figured this out? Apple still slaps DRM all over their video content? I want to buy a season of a show from iTunes to watch on my Nexus and I won't be able to because of DRM. I don't want to pay $40+ for a crappy DRM-Remover app. Is there really no legal/easy way to watch iTunes-purchased videos on my Android device??

It has been figured out over and over again, but because of the last sentence of your comment it is impossible. To remove DRM, you would have to violate the DCMA which would make it illegal.

Don't want DRM? Don't buy from Apple...or most other sources...

Joseph Hensel

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
What about all the digital copies of movies you get when buying a DVD/Bluray? To download them you must run it through iTunes or WMP. Both will not allow you to play them on Android devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance