Bluetooth Russian Roulette

matchthehatch

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I use my Moto RAZR with a Belkin AirCast bluetooth in the car. When I first got the phone the only app I used in the car was the stock music app, so I'd get in the car, activate the Belkin, and the music would start playing. Fast forward a couple of months and I've got a few more audio-based apps that I enjoy listening to while driving.

Unfortunately, there's no consistency regarding which actual application will start when I activate the bluetooth. Sometimes it's the last app I used with bluetooth, sometimes its not. Sometimes it's the last app I didn't use with bluetooth, sometimes it's not. Sometimes I will, before getting into my car, manually open the app I intend to listen to and turn bluetooth on, and then when I activate the Belkin a completely different app starts playing audio. Sometimes while I'm listening to audio from one app, and then click the Belkin to pause, instead of pausing, another app starts playing audio at the same time.

I've tried multiple things such as clearing defaults and deleting application caches but they were unsuccessful-- somehow these apps are randomly "taking ownership" as the primary bluetooth application.

As you might imagine this is extremely frustrating-- I wouldn't even mind if the behavior was consistent, but the sheer randomness of it all is driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance!